Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LL, are you just one person or a team of highly skilled researchers?

To be honest, I read it somewhere else and just made it more concise.:D

In the same interview, Obama revealed some never-before facts about his early life. For example, he briefly considered joining the military. After graduating from high school, he looked at the Selective Service registration form he was presented upon graduation and actually thought about signing up.

That was a remarkable slip of paper, that registration form. Obama graduated in the summer of 1979. He would not have had to register for the draft until late July or early August of 1980, when he was between his first and second years at Occidental College in Los Angeles.

This time, Stephanopoulos chose not to question Obama on this odd little discrepancy.

I'm starting to notice a pattern. Barack Obama ALMOST enlisted in the miltary. Hillary Clinton ALMOST enlisted in the Marine Corps, and later ALMOST came under sniper fire in Bosnia (along with Chelsea and Sinbad). Tom Harkin ALMOST flew fighters over Vietnam, John Kerry ALMOST served a complete tour there, Al Gore ALMOST saw combat... but I digress.
    http://wizbangblog.com/content/2008/...-afraid-of.php
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Didn't Hillary say she had gone to a Marine recruiter but her vision was too bad?
    I don't know, but I remember reading somewhere that Hillary wrote NASA asking whether she could be trained for an astronaut, and they wrote back to her that they don't take women (they didn't at that time).
    Licenced New York State EMT-B

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    Obama said that running a campaign for president qualifies as experience for being president so he probably thinks thinking about joining the military is just like actually serving.
    I am surprised the dumb ass has not asked for a medal as a reward for his thought process. :eek::eek::eek:

After almost 8 hours, their is still only one reply to that post, and it doesn't make any sense:

Gabi Hayes (1000+ posts) Sun Sep-07-08 03:10 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. PO Dubya
    remember that

too bad Obama doesn't have the balls to use it
    It would make sense if there was the "sarcasm" smiley.

Good thing he didn't get a paper cut filling out the form or he would have put in for a Purple Heart.

Lemme' get this straight ...

Did he imply that because he thought about joining the military, that gives him more experience than Govenor Palin? Is that what I read there?

BTW - I don't buy for a minute that he wanted to serve his country in that manner.