Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

My biggest beef is that this Sharkey fellow can manage to put up the money for a bid for the White House or Congress, yet I am sure there are plenty of average joe conservatives who would be much better than anyone in office today, yet they don't have the money/time/desire to run.

It seems one has to either be batshit crazy or rich and bored in order to run for office.

Quote Originally Posted by the director View Post
    Well, besides my comment about Michele, that woman scares the hell out of me.
    What scares you about her? Be specific.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    It is a joke to him or more like he is a joke. So, I doubt that you will get an intelligent answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    These are my opinions, nothing more. Personally, like Palin, I like a lot of Bachmann's political positions.

Her and her husband's religious views are the main thing that concerns me. They both wear their religion on their sleeve, which is fine for personal life but is not for public life. I do not agree with her version of Christianity, and it acts as a divider rather than a means to bridge partisan and religious divides.

Bachmann also does not appear to be a candidate who knows how to compromise. While it makes great media and rhetorical talking points to beat the podium about how conservatism is right, the fact on the ground is that one has to be able to work with liberals and be pragmatic while also achieving goals. Regan was a great example of how it has to be done. Bachmann and Palin are too hardline, they are not effective leaders in this capacity and I have a big fear that if they were to be elected that the level of dysfunction in Washington would skyrocket (if that is even possible).

Bachmann and Palin are political nuclear weapons. Rolling them out only inflames the left and creates a much more determined resistance. I've read Palin's book Going Rogue, I thought it was very good and I loved how she conducted herself before she was tapped as the VP nominee. After she got on the grand stage, I became disenfranchised with her ability to be a senior member of our government.

I firmly believe right now the Republicans have to identify and nominate a candidate who can pull from the independents while also remaining true to conservative values. Obama will be tough to beat, and it is going to take a unique and strong character to demoralize the liberals while pulling in as many votes from across the conservative spectrum. The best thing Palin and Bachmann can do is keep the grass roots engaged in the primaries, engaged in the elections, and motivated. After the election, they can be transitioned into a behind-the-scenes role where they can help fix this country. When Palin was out of the national spotlight while governor of Alaska she achieved amazing results. In the media spotlight, it was a complete disaster.

I may not agree with the liberal way of thinking, but I defend them just as much as I defend a conservative. They are American just like me, they have a right to politicial representation just like me, and they have valid points on certain issues that should be considered. I would want any Republican nominee to recognize that he/she represents all of America, not just Tea Party conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    It is a joke to him or more like he is a joke. So, I doubt that you will get an intelligent answer.
    The point of my satire was to demonstrate how crazy some right-wing candidates appear to moderate conservatives, independents, and liberals. Having a candidate that appears batshit crazy is not healthy for the country. While I am not advocating scratching off candidates simply because "liberals don't like him/her", I am all about finding a candidate that does not come across as a religious nutjob who will only represent a percentage of the population.

Whether or not my post and this response are intelligence isn't up to me to decide.

She and her husband...
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    These are my opinions, nothing more. Personally, like Palin, I like a lot of Bachmann's political positions.

Her and her husband's religious views are the main thing that concerns me. They both wear their religion on their sleeve, which is fine for personal life but is not for public life. I do not agree with her version of Christianity, and it acts as a divider rather than a means to bridge partisan and religious divides.

Bachmann also does not appear to be a candidate who knows how to compromise. While it makes great media and rhetorical talking points to beat the podium about how conservatism is right, the fact on the ground is that one has to be able to work with liberals and be pragmatic while also achieving goals. Regan was a great example of how it has to be done. Bachmann and Palin are too hardline, they are not effective leaders in this capacity and I have a big fear that if they were to be elected that the level of dysfunction in Washington would skyrocket (if that is even possible).

Bachmann and Palin are political nuclear weapons. Rolling them out only inflames the left and creates a much more determined resistance. I've read Palin's book Going Rogue, I thought it was very good and I loved how she conducted herself before she was tapped as the VP nominee. After she got on the grand stage, I became disenfranchised with her ability to be a senior member of our government.

I firmly believe right now the Republicans have to identify and nominate a candidate who can pull from the independents while also remaining true to conservative values. Obama will be tough to beat, and it is going to take a unique and strong character to demoralize the liberals while pulling in as many votes from across the conservative spectrum. The best thing Palin and Bachmann can do is keep the grass roots engaged in the primaries, engaged in the elections, and motivated. After the election, they can be transitioned into a behind-the-scenes role where they can help fix this country. When Palin was out of the national spotlight while governor of Alaska she achieved amazing results. In the media spotlight, it was a complete disaster.

I may not agree with the liberal way of thinking, but I defend them just as much as I defend a conservative. They are American just like me, they have a right to politicial representation just like me, and they have valid points on certain issues that should be considered. I would want any Republican nominee to recognize that he/she represents all of America, not just Tea Party conservatives.

The point of my satire was to demonstrate how crazy some right-wing candidates appear to moderate conservatives, independents, and liberals. Having a candidate that appears batshit crazy is not healthy for the country. While I am not advocating scratching off candidates simply because "liberals don't like him/her", I am all about finding a candidate that does not come across as a religious nutjob who will only represent a percentage of the population.

Whether or not my post and this response are intelligence isn't up to me to decide.
    Your main gripe against Palin and Bachmann is their religion and their strong conviction on political issues. Have I got it right? First of all, the overwhelming number of Americans believe in God. If you do not, that is your problem. I happen to and I do not see either one wearing their religion on their sleeves. This is a non issue for me. I guess for some atheists it might be. I also want a President that will stand for moral issues such as opposing queer marriage and legalization of drugs.

Secondly, I want a conservative (notice I did not say RINO) President and Congress who will rule with an iron fist to repeal Obamacare, reduce taxes, reduce spending and begin massive drilling for oil and gas. I do not want a bunch of mealy mouth weak kneeded compromisers. FYI, the Pisslosi and Reid ruled that way for 4 years up until this past election. Pisslosi stated we won and we are going to do it our way. Do you remember that? Democrats and Republicans are responsible for the economic mess we are in. It is going to take a forceful strong leader along with Congressional members with a backbone. If we do not get this kind of leadership, we are screwed as a country.

I think Obama will be easy to beat. The economy and unemployment is not going to get better. So I think he is dead meat unless we get another pathetic candidate like McCain.

You talk out of both sides of your mouth. Therefore, I don't think you have fooled anyone here.

Compromise is what got us into this mess in the first place. I don't want a moderate like McCain. I want a conservative. As for enflaming...anyone who isn't a liberal is inflammatory to the loonie left. Their hatred for Fox News is glaring. Any conservative will be a bullseye for the left. Frankly, I don't care what the left thinks...they will never vote for anyone who has an R behind their name. I belive Obama lost the independants...We can run Mickey Mouse as our candidate and he will win.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    She and her husband...
    Linda #'s Junior.:eek::D:D:D