Thread: Nails

Hybrid View

1. #1 Nails 
    Do you keep them long or short?
    painted or au natural?
    real or fake?

I wore acrylic nails for years before the hospital did a crack down on artificial nails. If some of you don't know...nurses who had acrylics (that either did not keep them clean, or got infections) passed them on to neonates...causing infections. Hospitals nationwide banned artificials for any clinical employees. It's not a bad thing...but I did hear a few nurses quit because of it.:eek:

Now, I wear them short and usually with a neutral color. Sometimes I'll wear pink in the summer, and maybe a red during Christmas time. I do get manicures every once in a while to keep them looking neat.

Guys, if you check in here...do you like long nails on yer wimmins?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    ..........Guys, if you check in here...do you like long nails on yer wimmins?
    Made me smile...

Damn near 50 YEARS ago I used to date a girl who had nails. Not real long, but nice and always neat.

And you know what?.........I can still feel those nails digging in to my back.;)

I still think of her now and then. And when I do I realize that I am smiling to myself.:)

But we were too young. Just puppies.

Hawkgirl, you got me thinking about infection rates in hospitals. A neighbor was griping about a local hospital, saying no matter what they did, their infection rate is still high. I was going to use that hospital for my upcoming knee surgery, but changed my mind.

I wear my nails relatively short, as the long nails bother me when I'm typing and in general get in my way. Think I should follow your advice and get a manicure once in a while. I usually don't wear any nail polish, although I have a lot of shades here, because I hate how it chips and don't want to take all the time removing and reapplying.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    My nails are mid length not to long but long enough to give the other half a nice back scratch when he wants one

Power CUer
    Mid-length, squared at the top. I get manicures every two weeks, and pedicures once a month.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Mid-length, squared at the top. I get manicures every two weeks, and pedicures once a month.
    Sigh, I never bothered much with the manicures but used to get pedicures once a month at a spa in St Louis. The young Russian woman did such a good job. I've had a pedicure once since moving here (15 months) and it was horrible. I've peeked into various salons and they're full of people they probably bussed in. I'm afraid that I'll catch some sort of fungus, so trying the old do it yourself route, which just isn't working.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"