http://www.everydayhealth.com/skin-b...ealth_20110803

Ask Dr. Jessica Wu
Summer Makeup Savers

Print E-mail

Q: My skin is so oily in the summer that makeup slides off my face. What can I do to get it to stay put without clogging up my pores?
ó Theresa, Georgia

A: Dear Theresa,
Oily skin can really be a challenge in the summer, since makeup can melt, smudge, and settle into pores. The first step to fighting makeup melt is to use a makeup primer like Boots No7 Mattifying Makeup Base, which will soak up excess oil and help your makeup go on more smoothly.
Next, choose makeup with a matte finish, which helps control oil and looks less shiny. If youíre using a creamy or oil-based foundation, try switching to an oil-free formula, which is more likely to stay put longer. Because water-based foundations tend to dry quickly, just remember to use a light hand, blend quickly, and only add more where you need it, so it doesnít streak or look heavy.

Try MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15, an oil-free liquid makeup that comes in 23 shades and that provides medium to full coverage without drying out your skin or leaving it cakey. I also like Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, which has a lightweight, fluffy consistency like whipped cream. It takes a bit of practice to get the coverage right, so start by dabbing it onto your skin and blending quickly. A big plus for a drugstore brand: It comes in 16 shades.

Creamy blushes can add to the oil-slick problem, so switch to a matte powder formula like Revlon Matte Blush. Greasy eyelids can make eye color crease and smudge by noon, so choose a matte, long lasting formula like Lorac Baked Matte Satin Eyeshadow or LíOreal HiP Matte Shadow Duo.

Having oily skin myself, I always carry a pack of Clean and Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets in my bag for quick touchups during the day. One or two sheets is usually enough to sop up the oil, and unlike powder, they donít leave a cakey residue.
I used to have oily skin---now guess it would be classified as normal. I never use make-up base. Do any of her tips sound OK?