Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PS> DOW is down 395 pts ATM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

DJIA -512

Thank God for that debt ceiling deal. It calmed everyone down.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I think I'm going to put in some Limit trades tonight. As soon as we hit 12,000 again, i'm selling my big earners. I've doubled my money in 2.5 years with blue chips and gold...I'll wait till we drop down to 8,000 and buy again..

Good/bad strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I think I'm going to put in some Limit trades tonight. As soon as we hit 12,000 again, i'm selling my big earners. I've doubled my money in 2.5 years with blue chips and gold...I'll wait till we drop down to 8,000 and buy again..

Good/bad strategy?
    I think that would be more gambling than investing.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I think that would be more gambling than investing.

Perhaps, but I don't want to give back all my gains if I feel the market is going to take a hit. My intuition says sell at 12K.

Perhaps, but I don't want to give back all my gains if I feel the market is going to take a hit. My intuition says sell at 12K.
    I would be afraid to get back in once you get out, I hope the market goes back up to 12k again for you.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I would be afraid to get back in once you get out, I hope the market goes back up to 12k again for you.

I lost lots of money from my gain (not principal) in the nasdaq bust in 2001 and stayed out of the market until 2.5 years ago. This time, I'd like to be smart about it and get out before the bust. I'll be watching it closely over the next few weeks.

Good/bad strategy?
    Well, since you asked:

I think it's a pretty good strategy. Don't know about your numbers - they could be right or wrong, I really don't know - but the theory is good.

But it ain't gonna be easy.

You're going to be selling - at 12,000 - when everyone else is screaming, "Here we go!"
    And you're going to be buying - at 8000 - when everyone is screaming, "Depression!"

It's not easy. I sold the market short (SDS; technically I bought the market short) when I was reading all about how the market was ready to surge ahead.

And I cleaned out my position today. That wasn't easy, either. Because now I have to read all about how we're actually entering the final phase of blah..blah..and the market will....

Just like you, I'll be looking for an entry point. I'll miss it a little, just like I missed it a little today. But at a certain point - dunno where - your stocks will be a good buy.

BOL!:)

Good/bad strategy?
    There's about a 30/70 chance that we are going to see 5000-6000 before we see 12,000 again I think, but I could be wrong. If you are looking for an exit and it does hit 12000, you had better remember your plan. We are far from the bottom, IMHO. I'm gonna wait a while before I venture back into the market on any grand scale.

Here's some wishful, unrealistic thinking. I wish those birthers would dig up direct evidence and get O out of there. But that would probably drive down the market, too, unless there would be ecstatic celebration on Wall Street. As I said, I know it's silly.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW