1. #1 Robert Lee On Verge Of Running Out Of Water 
    The weather seems to be messing with Texas.

Robert Lee On Verge Of Running Out Of Water

By Ashlei King, KTXS News
    POSTED: 9:23 pm CDT August 3, 2011

ROBERT LEE, Texas -- The 1,200 residents of the town of Robert Lee could be out of water by the end of the year.

The town gets its water from Lake E.V. Spence, a lake that was once one of the largest in the region. But with a drought firmly entrenched and recent temperatures averaging about 105 degrees, Lake E.V. Spence is nearly dry.

The lake is down to less than 1 percent of its water supply, forcing residents to be under a Phase Three water restriction – which means all outdoor watering is banned.

“I've never seen it dryer or hotter," Mayor John Jacobs said. “We all thought it would rain before it got (to this point) and it didn't, so we don't know when it's going to rain."

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news...82/detail.html
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

We've been through worse.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    We've been through worse.
    Unfortunately, summer is far from over.

Texas lake turns blood red; Apocalypse begins?

August 3, 2011 - 03:15 PM
    By John Metcalfe

The San Angelo State Park has gone all Revelation on Texas, growing tremble-spreading pools of blood where once gentle waters had stood.

The culprit: The all-consuming drought that has baked the plains of the country's rib-eatingest state into a hardtack from which nothing will sprout. The U.S. Drought monitor estimates that 99.85 percent of Texas is suffering from some kind of drought; it's the worst drought for the state in 44 years. The water levels in lakes are dropping so quick that many boat ramps have had to be shut down – in O.C. Fisher Reservoir, where the above photo was taken, the H20 is almost gone.

The oxygen-depleted water has allowed for the explosive growth of purple bacteria called Chromatiaceae, which have granted the stagnant lake a chilling hue more commonly seen at crime scenes. And that's set at least one doomsayer issuing predictions about the End Times. According to Kansas City's KMBC:

http://www.wjla.com/blogs/weather/20...to--12170.html
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

So the last time the world ended was 44 years ago?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Unfortunately, summer is far from over.
    Since I'm from that part of the country...tell me something I don't know.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Sonnabend
    Poor Owl. If he'd checked he 'd have heard the laughter at doomsayers like him over this way.

Our local alarmist / panicmonger has been made to look like the fool he is. He predicted less rainfall and Perth becoming a ghost city. It isn't. He told us Glow- bullshit warming meant Sydney would run out of water - dams now at 80 percent and RISING... he said we would have less rain, we've had bucketloads. So far every doom and gloom forecast he made has been WRONG.

Sooner or later people see this for what it is: lies.

The funny part is about who gave him the finger....nature. We ain't listening Owl...go peddle it elsewhere.