Thread: Favorite Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Favorite Store 
    Banned
    Where do you like to shop for clothes and shoes?

Macy's. I love their sales.

Well, some of my favorite stores are online - - Pin-Up Girl, Unique Vintage, Daddy-O's. But my favorite Brick and Mortar stores are Fetish Factory, Wet Seal, Kreepy Tiki, and Macy's.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Well, some of my favorite stores are online - - Pin-Up Girl, Unique Vintage, Daddy-O's. But my favorite Brick and Mortar stores are Fetish Factory, Wet Seal, Kreepy Tiki, and Macy's.

~QC
    Hey, hey CueSi ...

You came in while I was doing my incredibly s-l-o-w-2- fingered-typing post!

Ooh! "Fetish Factory, Wet Seal, Kreepy Tiki" ... do tell girl. What do they carry?

Anything, I could add to my wardrobe, you think? Am rather slim, can wear just about anything, but here is the big question ... would their stuff make me look too much like "Baby Jane" of Bette Davis movie fame?

~ ABC aka you-know-who! :p
    American By Choice ~ 1980

I used to shop at J Jill. There clothes tend to be a tad boring, but very comfortable. None of their stores are here in Sarasota. I got into the habit as I could use my "funny money", points for selling office equipment, there, so didn't need to use "real" money.

Nordstrom's has some good sales online. I used to buy their sale clothes there, but then they built a store in St Louis, so had to pay taxes on the online purchases. I might try checking them out online again.

Naturally they built a Nordstrom's Rack in St Louis right after I moved to Florida. :mad: One of these days need to drive to Ellenton, an outlet mall north of Sarasota.

PS Does anyone get stuff from Chico's? It seems to be really popular here. I never particularly got into their stuff, but made a whopping $10 on an old Chico tank top that I never wore. I sold it at the Women's Exchange here in Sarasota. They have big racks of slightly used clothes there dedicated solely to Chico's stuff.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 08-04-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    One of these days need to drive to Ellenton, an outlet mall north of Sarasota.

PS Does anyone get stuff from Chico's? .
    By all means drive up to Ellenton outlet mall. Had great name brand shops up there when hubby used to take me.

My favorite at the time for clothing, was Jones of New York. Don't know what is up there these days, has been ages since I was last there.

As for CHICO's ... they keep sending me their online catalologues, (charming typo, huh? :) will leave it anyway) l like the look of their costume jewelry, but have not as yet ordered anything from them.

(On that note ... better get off this machine, as am doing it again, hubby won't be too pleased. Rats!)

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 08-04-2011 at 09:06 PM.

QC ...

Forgot to add, please bear in mind that I am no longer a spring chicken ... more like a late FALL one!

Still have all my feathers, just not so good at showing them all off to their best advantage. :eek:

~ ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Hey, hey CueSi ...

You came in while I was doing my incredibly s-l-o-w-2- fingered-typing post!

Ooh! "Fetish Factory, Wet Seal, Kreepy Tiki" ... do tell girl. What do they carry?

Anything, I could add to my wardrobe, you think? Am rather slim, can wear just about anything, but here is the big question ... would their stuff make me look too much like "Baby Jane" of Bette Davis movie fame?

~ ABC aka you-know-who! :p
    Probably Daddy-O's for online is your best bet. Much of their stuff is classic and doesn't jump too much on the neo-rockabilly/psychobilly trending train. Cats Like Us is good for you too. (plus they're located in NY, so the shipping may not be as expensive) Probably a good pencil skirt, nice structured button down, a cardigan or a chino jacket. Maybe a Diner Dress Possibly cigarette pants or capris if you're daring.

This is mostly what I buy:

Fetish Factory- Hoisery/intimates, Corsets, Clubbing shoes. (they carry clubbing/subculture stuff)

Wet Seal -Tank tops, Shirts, Skirts, odds and ends like jewelry, socks , intimates. (youth clothing, jeans, etc.)

Kreepy Tiki- Period Clothing, skirts, swimsuits. (period 1940's- 1960's clothing. It's expensive but WORTH it.)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Probably Daddy-O's for online is your best bet. Much of their stuff is classic and doesn't jump too much on the neo-rockabilly/psychobilly trending train. Cats Like Us is good for you too. (plus they're located in NY, so the shipping may not be as expensive) Probably a good pencil skirt, nice structured button down, a cardigan or a chino jacket. Maybe a Diner Dress Possibly cigarette pants or capris if you're daring.

This is mostly what I buy:

Fetish Factory- Hoisery/intimates, Corsets, Clubbing shoes. (they carry clubbing/subculture stuff)

Wet Seal -Tank tops, Shirts, Skirts, odds and ends like jewelry, socks , intimates. (youth clothing, jeans, etc.)

Kreepy Tiki- Period Clothing, skirts, swimsuits. (period 1940's- 1960's clothing. It's expensive but WORTH it.)

~QC
    Do you shop any of the consignment shops? My niece has always been very fashionable since she was just a teen, and got some very nice vintage clothes in some of the consignment shops in the "trendy" areas.

I've actually gotten some of my stuff in the consignment shop where I unload my unwanted stuff. I got a couple really nice, different, Vera Bradley purses. One actually is for a laptop and will be good for travel. I got them for a fraction of their retail prices.

I also got some beautiful jewelry pieces there. Some of the wealthy women of Sarasota bring their discards there. One real silver and a grey onyx (or something like it) necklace was a steal at $23. I've gotten way more compliments on it than more expensive stuff that I have.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

QC ...

You are adorable. Thanks for the input.

Was only joking, got a kick out of the names of the shops. :D

Could be interested however, in cigarette pants (presume it means "slim") and the capris, ... as yes, I still wear them. In the old days we called capris ... clam diggers, and pedal pushers.

Same thing, updated in name only!

~ ABC