1. #1 Warren Jeffs, Polygamist Leader, Convicted In Child Sexual Assault Case 
    SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) — A Texas jury has convicted polygamist leader Warren Jeffs on child sexual assault charges in a case stemming from two young followers he took as brides in what his church calls "spiritual marriages."

<snip>

A forensic analyst testified that Jeffs was an almost certain DNA match to the child of a 15-year-old mother. Jeffs also was accused of assaulting a 12-year-old girl..

Jeffs acted as his own attorney and claimed he was a victim of religious persecution.
    Religious persecution? He is certainly crazy since he is not even using an attorney. Those poor young girls that live in this lifestyle.
    I've watched the first season of Sister Wives, and they claim underage sex isn't part of their culture, but they also describe themselves as Mormon fundamentalists. They seem to have a normal family, just structured completely differently than a normal family unit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...1_lnk3%7C83605

I heard on one of the news shows this am that they played an audio tape for the jury. It was the sounds of the 12 year old the first time with him. He was rambling about his religion, then could hear the huffing and puffing and the sounds of the poor girls. Then apparently there were other voices, of women, who obviously were witnessing this.

It was said that some of the jurors just put their hands over their faces.

If he walks from this, there probably will be a bigger uproar than here in Florida with Casey Anthony's acquittal.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

He didn't. Texas has some sanity left. :D

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Of course to the left, ALL religious people are like him.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    He didn't. Texas has some sanity left. :D

~QC
    Thanks, didn't read the opening piece carefully enough. Glad that he's convicted. Texas never did cozy up to criminals. I lived there 7 years and remember all those chase scenes on the evening news, where the perps cars looked like swiss cheese after the Texas Rangers and local cops went after them.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Thanks, didn't read the opening piece carefully enough. Glad that he's convicted. Texas never did cozy up to criminals. I lived there 7 years and remember all those chase scenes on the evening news, where the perps cars looked like swiss cheese after the Texas Rangers and local cops went after them.

LOL...gotta love those Texans...and they also execute criminals, speedy trial..and speedy execution.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I heard on one of the news shows this am that they played an audio tape for the jury. It was the sounds of the 12 year old the first time with him. He was rambling about his religion, then could hear the huffing and puffing and the sounds of the poor girls. Then apparently there were other voices, of women, who obviously were witnessing this.

It was said that some of the jurors just put their hands over their faces.

If he walks from this, there probably will be a bigger uproar than here in Florida with Casey Anthony's acquittal.
    A pedophile with a following...reminds me of something else..

I hope if the court can't impose a life sentence for one count, that Jeffs gets the maximum sentence he can for each count, to be served consecutively.