1. #1 For those who might be making preparations to become homeless: 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This thread is hilarious, I knew right where it was going to go before I was half way done reading...

elocs (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-04-11 06:16 PM
    Original message For those who might be making preparations to become homeless:

http://store.kamprite.com/catalog/Midget-Bushtrekka-p-1...

Yes, homelessness sucks, but if it's on the horizon one may as well prepare for it. It beats a cardboard box.

Lots of pretty pics of some pricey equipment and though some DUers see the positive side the rest go for the predictable attacks.

I'm 150% sure if the queenly bobbolink saw this thread she'd be ripping it and the OP a new one.
    May the FORCE be with you!

There are homeless people Up North who live in tents in the state parks all summer. They have to move every 2 weeks or so, but most of them get a yearly pass (not that expensive), and they can just go to another state park. Near Traverse City, for example, there are 4-5 different parks and they can move back and forth. TC is a liberal paradise, in the city proper. The Michael Moore film festival is held there every summer. It's a physically beautiful area, and there is public access to the beaches and such. The state parks have bathrooms and showers, in addition to beaches. The city wouldn't know what to do with hoardes of homeless DUmmies, begging in the streets from the tourists.

In the winter, the state makes a deal with all the small, family-owned motels to provide rooms to the same people for a low rent. They would be otherwise boarded up for the season (after deer hunting and the holidays), so it's a good thing for the owners.

All you need is a 20 year old Buick, an iPhone and a wireless signal you can pirate. It works for Bobo the Hobo, so it should be good enough for the rest of the DUmmies.
    From the mods: "Where is my pony?" comments are inflammatory and considered group attacks on DU"

Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool.- Bender

I didn't know people prepared to be homeless. Most people I know would use that time to try to stop it from happening. It must suck to have no friends or family who would give you a place to stay. Maybe reflect on that while you are making your preparations.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    I didn't know people prepared to be homeless. Most people I know would use that time to try to stop it from happening. It must suck to have no friends or family who would give you a place to stay. Maybe reflect on that while you are making your preparations.
    That's what happens when you shun everyone in your life just because their political leanings aren't in line with yours. For DUmmies politics trumps people.

These people are certifiable. First, the cop hatred:

WingDinger (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-04-11 08:35 PM
    Response to Original message
    19. The fucking pigs would confiscate that in a heartbeat.
    elocs (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-04-11 09:46 PM
    Response to Reply #19
    27. Not all "fucking pigs" are the same everywhere.
    Ever consider that some DUers or their loved ones are what you refer to as "fucking pigs"?
    WingDinger (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-04-11 10:45 PM
    Response to Reply #27
    35. I had four stick FUCKING guns in my face, cuz I busted a crooked cop and judge corruption scheme.
    Odin2005 (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-04-11 11:34 PM
    Response to Reply #27
    37. Pigs are pigs, fuck them.
    elocs (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-05-11 10:03 AM
    Response to Reply #37
    46. You make a big show of "Autistic Pride", but have no sensitivity
    when it comes to those who are police (because we know all police are exactly the same, right?). The odds are that some DUers or their loved ones work in that field. I'm guessing that you would object to anyone using your terms to refer to those with autism, but evidently you cannot find that sensitivity in other areas. Sad.

Another example of the broad brush used here which paints all the members of one group the same.

Thankfully I won't be able to see any of your broad brush strokes anymore, or the other clever one either.
    Then the delusions.
    YellowRubberDuckie (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-04-11 09:06 PM
    Response to Original message
    21. If the homeless would get out of the urban areas, they'd have a better chance of survival.
    Find a spot in a National Forest and keep moving. Find your own food. Live on the land. And less likely to get your cool shit jacked by the cops.
    The sight of hip, sophisticated, urban DUmmies trying to live off the land would be almost worth the economic collapse that would force them out of the cities. People who don't know how to live in the wild tend not to live very long in the wild.
    elocs (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-04-11 09:36 PM
    Response to Reply #21
    25. That is my intent when I retire on what little I have--to become a nomad
    and live on federal land as much as possible with just my little car pulling a small teardrop trailer.
    Yes, I will have money and not really be truly homeless, but then many of the people who do not have a home work full time jobs and do have money.
    [/INDENT]Oh, where to begin...

What does this clown think that federal land is for? That it's being held in trust until he shows up with his trailer and Yugo? Sorry, but the feds would toss this idiot before he had time to shout "Squatter's rights" at the top of his lungs.

Second, not many of the homeless are employed or have money. The vast majority of the homeless are persons with extensive records of arrests, violence, substance abuse or severe mental illness. If they could hold jobs, they could hold apartments. These DoUches are clueless.

One more note: The thread cites a gadget called the EDAR (Everyone Deserves a Roof), which apparently gets donated by people with more money than brains, so that the homeless can have these little tents. Here is one of the photos of this thing, with a "typical" homeless family:

First, the woman and the baby are so obviously not homeless (too clean, too happy, too well-fed but not overfed), but would anyone think that having a mother and infant living in a tent is something to smile about? And isn't using a woman of color and her baby to represent the homeless racist? Or am I racist for pointing that out?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I doubt any of them would buy something with the word "Bush" in it . . ;)

They elected Obama so there wouldn't be homelessness....DUH!