Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hiroshima 6 August 1945.."Little Boy" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    “After Biak the enemy withdrew to deep caverns.Rooting them out became a bloody business which reached itsultimate horrors in the last months of the war.You think of the lives which would have been lost in an invasion of Japan’s home islands – a staggering number of Americans but millions more of Japanese..."

http://www.brucelewis.com/
    The bombing of Hiroshima

The bomb was armed in flight 31,000 feet (9,400 m) above the city, then dropped at approximately 08:15 (JST) August 6, 1945...... After falling for 44.4 seconds, the time and barometric triggers started the firing mechanism. The detonation happened at an altitude of 1,968 feet (600 m). With a yield of 13 to 18 kilotons, it was less powerful than "Fat Man", which was dropped on Nagasaki (21–23 kt).

The official yield estimate of "Little Boy" was about 16 kilotons of TNT equivalent in explosive force, i.e. 6.3 × 1013 joules = 63 TJ (tera-joules).[30] However, the damage and the number of victims at Hiroshima were much higher, as Hiroshima was on flat terrain, while the hypocenter of Nagasaki lay in a small valley.

According to figures published in 1945, 66,000 people were killed as a direct result of the Hiroshima blast, and 69,000 were injured to varying degrees.

The Blast
    The blast from a nuclear bomb is the result of X-ray-heated air (the fireball) sending a shock/pressure wave in all directions at a velocity greater than the speed of sound (aka, the "Mach-Stem"),[17] analogous to thunder generated by lightning. Most knowledge about nuclear weapon urban blast destruction originates from studies of Little Boy at Hiroshima. Data from the explosion at Nagasaki offers less insight, since hilly terrain deflected the blast and generated a more complicated pattern of destruction.
    Frame house in 1953 nuclear test, 5 psi overpressure.

At Hiroshima, severe structural damage to buildings extended about 1 mile (1.6 km) in radius from ground zero, making a circle of destruction 2 miles (3.2 km) in diameter. The blast sent out a hyper-intensified shock wave which travelled at (slightly above) the speed of sound, turning buildings into shrapnel. There was little or no structural damage outside of this one-mile (1.6 km) radius. At one mile (1.6 km), the force of the blast wave was 5 psi, with enough duration to implode houses and reduce them to kindling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boy

That was a blast!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The DUmmies have a Cry-Fest every year about this...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The DUmmies have a Cry-Fest every year about this...:D
    I was wondering about that today. Wish I could get to DU while I was at work, I'd have brought their latest bitch fest about it over.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I will never forget that day.

(It was the day I was born):)

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I will never forget that day.

(It was the day I was born):)
    1945...Man are you old.....Sorry,Just yanking your chain...

7. #7 the beginning of the end 
    im a day late and a dollar short. yesterday marked the 66th observance of the abomb dropped on Hiroshima. ushering in the new age of atomic power

photos

and the debate rages on. was it necessary ??
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    im a day late and a dollar short. yesterday marked the 66th observance of the abomb dropped on Hiroshima. ushering in the new age of atomic power

photos

and the debate rages on. was it necessary ??
    In order to understand the Japanese War mentality,it is necessary to understand BUSHIDO, WARRIOR CODE OF CONDUCT Of The Samurai.
    snip
    The major fighting for Saipan was over in early July, as several hundred frightened Japanese civilians committed suicide by leaping to their deaths from the cliffs above Marpi Point. Before the point was secured, 4th Division Marines had observed numerous instances of armed Japanese soldiers forcing the civilians over the cliffs to the jagged rocks below, and later in the war, MacArthur's intelligence would report on captured documents and prisoner interrogations which detailed Japanese units killing their own wounded if they could not be evacuated from field hospitals.

Altogether, this model for the invasion of Japan had cost the U.S. 3,426 dead and 13,099 wounded to kill 23,811 Japanese defenders. Less than 300 Japanese were taken prisoner, most because they were too badly wounded to either fight on or commit a form of ritual suicide, hara-kiri.
    snip
    "In our Saipan operation, it cost approximately one American killed and several wounded to exterminate seven Japanese soldiers. On this basis it might cost us half a million American lives and many times that number wounded . . . in the home islands."

http://home.roadrunner.com/~casualties/

according to many a libtard and pacifists ive argued with it was not necessary and they still brand us (that generation) as racists and mass murderer's. these debate's were hotly contested and resulted in member's getting banned.
    the tards argued they were finished. done for. all we had to do was wait for the surrender. I argued the Kamikaze attacks off Okinawa proved they were far from finished. plus they were attempting to build their own Abomb.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Someone sent me photos of what Hiroshima and Detroit looked like today and you'd think Detroit got hit with a bomb, while Hiroshima is all nice and shinny. :(