Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    If you are defining it as disfunctional political processes, then yes, the entire political system is breaking down.
    I disagree. The American political system is performing as it was intended. We are not China. We have a political process which requires major questions to be decided by a bicameral legislative branch and an Executive (sometimes the Courts even get involved) not some dictatorial fiat.

    If you are claiming that S&P is acting on partisan motives, then it is not. I substituted apolitical to mean non-partisan.
    No, I don't think they were partisan but I think they were very political. I also think they were insulting to this nation, its governing institutions, and its citizens.

    Our political system is working just fine and our issues will be resolved by Americans in an American fashion. The Asian bootlicks can do as the great Dick Cheney said and go fuck themselves.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I disagree. The American political system is performing as it was intended. We are not China. We have a political process which requires major questions to be decided by a bicameral legislative branch and an Executive (sometimes the Courts even get involved) not some dictatorial fiat.
    Except that much of where we are now came about precisely because of dictatorial fiat, and it continues. Or do you believe that the commerce clause allows congress to dictate what products we buy, or in which states businesses can set up shop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    No, I don't think they were partisan but I think they were very political. I also think they were insulting to this nation, its governing institutions, and its citizens.
    I don't think that they insulted the nation or its citizens. The governing institutions, certainly took a scalding. but then, they had it coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Our political system is working just fine and our issues will be resolved by Americans in an American fashion. The Asian bootlicks can do as the great Dick Cheney said and go fuck themselves.
    They may get resolved in an American fashion, if the next election results in a congressional majority and executive branch that takes its obligations under the Constitution seriously and doesn't see itself as empowered to "radically transform" America.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Except that much of where we are now came about precisely because of dictatorial fiat, and it continues. Or do you believe that the commerce clause allows congress to dictate what products we buy, or in which states businesses can set up shop?
    You are contradicting yourself here. Was it done through the legislative process or was it dictatorial fiat?

    I don't think that they insulted the nation or its citizens. The governing institutions, certainly took a scalding. but then, they had it coming.
    S&P is in no position to scald anyone, let alone the United States. Let them eat Yuans.

    They may get resolved in an American fashion, if the next election results in a congressional majority and executive branch that takes its obligations under the Constitution seriously and doesn't see itself as empowered to "radically transform" America.
    So the American system of government works as long as the election cycle produces a result you like?

    Damn funny.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You are contradicting yourself here. Was it done through the legislative process or was it dictatorial fiat?



    S&P is in no position to scald anyone, let alone the United States. Let them eat Yuans.



    So the American system of government works as long as the election cycle produces a result you like?

    Damn funny.
    Seems like you approve when the Democrats have the Presidency and both houses of Congress and tell the Repubs to go sit in the corner. That is exactly what Pisslosi and Reid did but now the Repubs have a say it is dysfunctional according to lefties like you. The ball will be going in our court in 012. Tough titty if you do not like it. That is just how the cookie crumbles.

    Quite a few financial experts stated what took them so long to downgrade our bonds. It has been long in coming with the amount of spending this administration has racked up. Maybe this freight train can be slowed down. If not, the S & P will downgrade us again. Capiche. Then you will see a 1,000 point plunge in the stock market rather than a 390 one today. Moody will not be far behind if Congress can not agree to cuts at the end of the year.

    This administration has done a horrible job with the economy and I do not see it improving that much. We need 250k jobs created each month to stay even. 117k last month will not cut the mustard.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    For dumbo and the Democraps, their next trick will be QE3 & 4. Wall Street will be happy, happy while main street gets crushed.

    Yes the fat cats are all going to be just fine. As long as they get the money from the tax payers pumped in to prop this crap up for the short term, these investors can stay in till the QE money comes rolling in and then get out of dodge. We (the average joe) will get the benefits of triple digit inflation in the aftermath. Quite sad really....watching the end of the American republic as an economic force.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,416
    Don't forget this is the same S&P that touted all the toxic assets before the housing bubble burst, so their credibility is about that of a snake oil salesman. They are as complicit in this economic disaster as Obama, the House and the Senate.
    How much are they now raking in since the downgrade and everyone selling stocks like there is no tomorrow?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    They may get resolved in an American fashion, if the next election results in a congressional majority and executive branch that takes its obligations under the Constitution seriously and doesn't see itself as empowered to "radically transform" America.
    I thought the military frowned on the use of hallucinogetics?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Don't forget this is the same S&P that touted all the toxic assets before the housing bubble burst, so their credibility is about that of a snake oil salesman. They are as complicit in this economic disaster as Obama, the House and the Senate.
    How much are they now raking in since the downgrade and everyone selling stocks like there is no tomorrow?
    Don't forget how Bushy and Sir Schliek Meister Clinton helped set the stage for this too. This was a team effort.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yes the fat cats are all going to be just fine. As long as they get the money from the tax payers pumped in to prop this crap up for the short term, these investors can stay in till the QE money comes rolling in and then get out of dodge. We (the average joe) will get the benefits of triple digit inflation in the aftermath. Quite sad really....watching the end of the American republic as an economic force.
    I could see that this excessive spending by Obama and Congress was not going to end well. I hope with the S & P downgrade that will be a wake up call. However, Democrats have dug in their heels for more spending and tax cuts. I do think that this economy can be turned around if conservative take over the WH and the Congress.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Don't forget how Bushy and Sir Schliek Meister Clinton helped set the stage for this too. This was a team effort.
    Oh, I didn't forget.
    Boehner and a lot of the other republicrats had no problem spending OPM when either of those 2 finanacial geniuses were in office either.
    That is why so many of the long time repubs sound like a prostitute screaming "rape" after taking the money and are about as trustworthy.

    On secon thought, the prostitute is probably more honest. At least they tell you they want the money when they fuck you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •