Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Why not both? Because the government owes it to the citizens to ensure that they can keep tax rates as low as possible.
    Why? The greatest expansion of the middle class in American history happened when top tax rates were near 90%. Who, other than your party leaders, said that low tax rates for the wealthy are gospel?

If it's possible to get a balanced budget without raising taxes, then that should be the plan.
    What if it's not possible?

Why is that so hard for you to grasp?
    It's not hard for me to grasp you're talking to someone who listens to right-wing talk radio every single day and who watches fox news just as often. I'm very familiar with these 'arguments'.

I'm just asking, for the sake of discussion, why would it be so horrible to raise taxes on the wealthiest elites? Why is that the ultimate taboo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Why? The greatest expansion of the middle class in American history happened when top tax rates were near 90%. Who, other than your party leaders, said that low tax rates for the wealthy are gospel?

Not buying it commie boy!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I've never claimed cutting wasteful spending was a bad idea. Some spending cuts are harder than others, but I agree that spending cuts are absolutely needed. I have my preferences, but I can be reasonable without being a walking talking party-bot.

Now, can anyone say that raising taxes on the wealthy elites is possible?
    You guys could have saved several posts by just saying "no, I can't say that, it isn't possible"
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Not buying it commie boy!
    Care to explain why? Or is it just gonna be "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Care to explain why? Or is it just gonna be "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
    You have given no proof.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Banned
    You're dancing all over it.

Why not both?

I agree spending should be cut but we're only looking at the spending side and not the revenue side. I understand that working class people and small business owners need low tax rates during a slow economy, but the super wealthy are doing better than they have in many decades.
    Low taxes did not get us into the mess we are in. A slowdown in the economy, unemployment and wrong headed spending policies created it.

I will try to explain why raising taxes on anyone is a bad idea during a recession. The economy will stay in a slump. In order to get more revenues, hiring more employees make more sense than raising taxes, does it not? This administration has done everything to kill private job creation. The health care bill will raise taxes on employers. More regulations is a job killer. There are trillions of dollars sitting on the sidelines but this administration has created so much uncertainty most are afraid because they do not know when the community organizer is going to kick them in the ass next. Taxing every rich person at 90% would only put a dent in the money this government spends. We don't have a tax problem; we have a spending problem. Putting more people back to work who in turn will contribute to the treasury is a much better alternative than raising taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsedriver View Post
    As big as this is, and the Obumbler flies away to Camp David. Probably needs the rest from all the parties. Day two, still nothing from him.
    He's waiting for his talking points from his handlers. He's also letting his media minions float some trial balloons to see what tactic to take.

Empty suit O Blah Blah has no original thoughts.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Well, I'll be voting for Marco Rubio again. <shrug>

~QC
    Me too, because most Spanish speaking countries have Single Payer healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Me too, because most Spanish speaking countries have Single Payer healthcare.
    There is more in this for you than you have admitted, I hope you recover.