Thread: Orange goo baffles remote Alaska village

1. #1 Orange goo baffles remote Alaska village 

The substance first washed up on the shores of Kivalina, about 625 miles northwest of Anchorage, on Wednesday. It covered most of the harbour, attracting crowds of bemused residents.

On Thursday residents found the orange matter floating on top of the rain buckets they use to collect drinking water.

By Friday, the orange substance in the harbour had dissipated or washed out to sea, and what was left on ground had dried to a powdery substance.

Samples of the orange matter were collected in canning jars and sent to a lab in Anchorage for analysis.

Until results are known, Kivalina's 374 residents will likely continue to wonder just what exactly happened in their village.

"Certainly at this point it's a mystery," said Emanuel Hignutt, a chemist with the state Department of Environmental Conservation lab in Anchorage. ...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...a-village.html

It looks like shredded cheddar cheese.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It sure does! Probably some kind of algae. I'm sure it will prove to be Bu$hs fault though...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    did someone dump out their Tang?
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry