Thread: Chrysler selling Viper brand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    The 2009 Z1 Corvette will eat that AC lunch at 3.4 to 60 and 205mph top speed. For a little over 100 grand, it will whip your car on and off the track like a red headed stepchild. Note to self, there is always something faster. :)
    Yes. Compaired with my 1964-1/2 little, old gal, that is a fast car - as long as I leave the two 15 pound bottles turned off. Buy one and come to Pomona for a drag race in the summer 2053 and we'll see how well you do.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Yes. Compaired with my 1964-1/2 little, old gal, that is a fast car - as long as I leave the two 15 pound bottles turned off. Buy one and come to Pomona for a drag race in the summer 2053 and we'll see how well you do.;)
    Like I said, there is always something faster. BTW, I am not a fan of drag racing. Going to a drag strip waiting an hour or so between passes, it's over in a few seconds. Two or three min. of actual racing in a 6 to 8 hour day is not my idea of fun. Plus, I don't like the idea of blowing motors and transmission. Been there, done that. No more.

I like road racing much better and the new Z1 will take just about anything (stock) on a road course circuit.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 09-12-2008 at 02:21 PM.

I like road racing much better and the new Z1 will take just about anything (stock) on a road course circuit.
    Again, give you plastic piece-of-crap nearly half a century to age and we'll go at it.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Again, give you plastic piece-of-crap nearly half a century to age and we'll go at it.;)
    The crap part might be a figament of your imagination. Ever watch those B. J. auctions; some of those old Vettes sell for big bucks. Nothing made today in the under $200k class is made as good (body) as it was 40, 50 or 60 years ago. The new Shelby GT 500 is a piece of shit compared to the Vette.

Additonally, many cars will age well if you only drive them 2 or 3 thousand miles a year.

BTW, how could you afford an original Cobra. I am not trying to be a smart ass.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 09-12-2008 at 04:07 PM.

BTW, how could you afford an original Cobra. I am not trying to be a smart ass.
    I canít - The Chief left it to his only son, and the rest is history. Sorry. :o

The biggest reason why they are trying to sell the Viper name is because those cars get 10 mpg on a good day, if you don't drive it hard. If you drive it hard, you get around 8mpg.

A 3,200 pound car, with an 8 liter V10 that gets around 550 hp and 550lb torque with bad fuel economy that costs $80,000 will not sell well with today's high fuel prices.

All of these numbers might not be exactly right, but that are close, since I am basing them on an article that I read in a car magazine a while ago about the Viper.
    Licenced New York State EMT-B

Banned
    I canít - The Chief left it to his only son, and the rest is history. Sorry. :o
    Don't be sorry. I would love to have it. The drooling I have seen at autocross races is real. I would not be drag racing or hitting it with 15 or 30 shots either.

Don't be sorry. I would love to have it. The drooling I have seen at autocross races is real. I would not be drag racing or hitting it with 15 or 30 shots either.
    Oh she's nice, but no virgin. Mr. Gurney deflowered her decades ago.