1. #1 Best quote from a London Rioter... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    A "quote"???

Javaman (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-08-11 08:40 AM
    Original message Best quote from a London Rioter...Edited on Mon Aug-08-11 08:43 AM by Javaman

Londoner when asked by a television reporter: Is rioting the correct way to express your discontent?

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?"

The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."

Eavesdropping from among the onlookers, I looked around. A dozen TV crews and newspaper reporters interviewing the young men everywhere.

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/07/7292281...

Just a thought on edit: could what is happening in England be an extension of what is happening in the middle east? A jobless, hungry population that is tired of getting no representation and no help from their government?

Why should anyone "talk" to the widdle rioter??? A water cannon to the face would "speak" much clearer...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Why should anyone "talk" to the widdle rioter??? A water cannon to the face would "speak" much clearer...
    For the same reason that people can't help but stop and stare at a car wreck?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

But unlike the UK, we have the right to self defense.

Warning to all Moonbats who like riots, we're Americans, we shoot back.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

If people are rioting just to get the media's attention, the media should ignore them.

I don't think there is a whole lot for black people to riot about in Great Britain. My best friend from college, who is black, spent a year there and said that London was a great city to be black and live in-she said she always felt welcome and never felt like anyone was treating her a certain way (good or bad) because of race.