Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    We'll see. My weight is holding, but i'm not concerned about that. 6'2" and 190lbs. Nothing wrong with that. It's the inches on the waist I need to burn off. That cost me 12 points on my test. Last time I got taped, I was down an inch. I'd like to burn 3 more off so I can get full points in that category. If I can do that, the test will be a shoe in.
    need to follow the anibolic diest and the mid section will shrink fast.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

I don't think there is a magic diet which causes people to lose weight and keep it off. I am convinced that the key is portion control.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    I don't think there is a magic diet which causes people to lose weight and keep it off. I am convinced that the key is portion control.
    nobody gives a shit what you think

Two and a half mile run today. Did a fast jog half way out, and did intervals on the way back in, running about 300m and walking 100m. Afterwards did a few sets of crunches and flutter kicks to work the abs a bit.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    different things work for differnet people. portion control helps but isn't the end all of it
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    different things work for differnet people. portion control helps but isn't the end all of it
    Which one worked to give you your slim trim physique?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

that's part of it.

It's 3 pronged in my opinion. Diet..which covers portion control...plus what you eat is equally important. You can't go around eating a reasonable portion of popcorn and White Castle sliders everyday.

So Diet. Resistance exercise. And some sort of aerobic exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Two and a half mile run today. Did a fast jog half way out, and did intervals on the way back in, running about 300m and walking 100m. Afterwards did a few sets of crunches and flutter kicks to work the abs a bit.
    Interval running is a great way to burn fat and stay lean without destroying muscle. I've been getting into core workouts more and more because I need to strengthen my back
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

The big Cheese
    What are you doing in resistance training to strengthen your back?
    I have a few different exercises you should do if you are not already doing them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    What are you doing in resistance training to strengthen your back?
    I have a few different exercises you should do if you are not already doing them.....
    I use two dumbells occassionally and do the "bow" at the waist, or use light plate and do back extensions..... Somedays that's rough even with lighter weight. I hurt my back in May doing combative training.

I can't really do much heavy lifting for the lower back, so I've tended to do more core exercises like bridging and some Yoga.....which actually improved my situps more than ever before or any weight training I have ever done.

Isn't that crazy? I can't do certain back exercises....but I don't really feel it that badly doing situps?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Which one worked to give you your slim trim physique?
    hey, I'm losing my weight :p it takes time, porky
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry