Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    A bit of a differant work out, but a good one today. I arrived about 15 minutes before the group, so did some push ups and sit ups before hand. Did 20 of each, then 15 then 10. When the group arrived we started with a 5 minute warm up, where of the group ran, and I hit the elliptical. Afterwards we did 18 sets of strength building exercises. Various push-ups, sit ups, flutter kicks, dive bombers, leg raises, etc... 30 seconds of the exercise, 30 seconds of rest. It went fast, but it was definitely tiring. Afterwards it was another 10 minute run(elliptical) to cool down.

I imagine i'll have some sore muscles tomorrow, but all these push ups I've been doing, I have been noticing muscles building up. It's kinda satisfying.
    So how are you feeling today? Lots of sore muscles?

I know how frustsrating it is to be unable to walk very far. I've had the plantar fascitis off and on and don't even bother with the orthotic anymore. The weird thing is that I haven't had the flareups since I've been home more now and wear slide-in, open toe slippers with a good, firm sole like a shoe. Maybe it makes my feet work harder, but haven't had the problems since I started wearing these things. They're Acorn brand (not affiliated with Obama's ACORN).

How are the new running shoes doing with those special insoles? I bought a wear and need to test drive them around the house. If they don't work, will take them back.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

My arms were a little tight this morning, but all in all I was feeling ok. Not sure if that means I need to be pushing myself harder or not.

The new shoes are alright, but I still begin to feel a healthy bit of pain if I spend a lot of time on my feet. We were at the mall yesterday while my wife was shopping for a dress for my sisters wedding. We were there for maybe an hour and a half and the legs were killing me.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

My arms were a little tight this morning, but all in all I was feeling ok. Not sure if that means I need to be pushing myself harder or not.

The new shoes are alright, but I still begin to feel a healthy bit of pain if I spend a lot of time on my feet. We were at the mall yesterday while my wife was shopping for a dress for my sisters wedding. We were there for maybe an hour and a half and the legs were killing me.
    That's a big mall. I literally feel your pain. I've been saving lots of money, because it's been bothering me too much to go to the malls. That's a good thing because SR whines, A LOT, if he goes into a mall. If I need something I go in and out very quickly (well as fast as my poor knee can go). :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Nothing will work for you, get a bag of chips, some sour cream and bacon dip and go watch TV!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Nothing will work for you, get a bag of chips, some sour cream and bacon dip and go watch TV!
    I still got 10 years to go to get to my pension, so that's not gonna work.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

I still got 10 years to go to get to my pension, so that's not gonna work.
    Can you bribe the doctor?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Can you bribe the doctor?
    I could develop a taste for some pork rinds.

But seriously, if I spend 1 year on a medical profile, I get medical boarded. And that's not a fun time.

Tough workout today. 30 minutes on a cross training machine. It was like a cross between an elliptical and stair climber. It worked my legs pretty hard.

The real part of the workout was after that though. Since push ups are my real weak point for my test, we did an extremely exhaustive regimen of exercises to work the chest and arms. About 20 minutes of that. Typing this out is not the easiest thing to do right now.