Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yikes! No pool today either it seems. It's pouring again, good thing I got the puppers out before the sky opened up!!

Heavy showers blowing in off the Gulf.
    May the FORCE be with you!

SR needs to get out and drain the pool a bit. It's an old pool that doesn't have an auto feature to keep from overflowing. There's some sort of a thing outside that needs to be turned---I haven't been able to budge it.

BTW, they talk funny here in Florida. In the Midwest we always called that hunk of concrete outside the house a patio. Here they call it a lanai, whether it has a pool or not. Pools aren't the luxury thing that they are up north. Most of the houses in this development and many others in Florida have pools. Actually Florida is growing on me, much more relaxing than St Louis.

But this HOA is getting me down. One lady wrote a letter of complaint about people having a moving truck in their driveway for a day. Give me a break. Then she also complained about people working on their cars in the driveway instead of their garage. Who in the world washes a car in the garage? :eek:
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Not a good beach day in Florida but we are getting a ton of needed rain...

May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Here they call it a lanai, whether it has a pool or not.
    Lanai is actually Hawaiian...different builders use fancy names to call a porch down here...my builder called mine a terrace...but when I lived in Miami, it was a lanai.....When I lived in NY, it was a backyard..no matter how it was designed..