Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    He's Iranian and rich? 2 red flags. How did he cone into all this money? What exactly is he into? All big questions.

A lot of it all depends on when and why his family came to this country. If they came here in the late 70s, because they were allies of the Shah and were afraid the Shias were going to kill them for being too secular, well, he might be a good guy. I knew a lot of Iranian muslims in college who were in this category-they did not observe most of the rules of their faith. The females didn't cover up-most didn't even wear a hijab. They were happy to be here and not be dead.

The Iranians (Persians) are a beautiful people, for the most part. Most don't look like Achminawackjob.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

The Iranians (Persians) are a beautiful people, for the most part. Most don't look like Achminawackjob.
    It's not about looks, it's about character. Even the "americanized" muslims are controlling. All the money in the world isn't worth it.

When I was in xray school, I dated a surgical resident who was half syrian and half irish. Born in upstate NY...but he was the most controlling person I've every known. I dated him for over a year because I was afraid to break up with him. He was passive aggressive type that would get upset if I didn't wear a sweater over my uniform which showed my bare arms. He would get upset if I spoke to his fellow residents..... I worked part time in the film library and well, had to talk to the doctors....the list is just too long...When I graduated, I went to NYC and was able to get away from him.

QC, as far as I'm concerned, I would try to deter her.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    You said your piece, she knows how you feel, leave it at that. Keep pushing and she'll resent you. Be there for her when she finally wises up or needs help.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

My fears would be for any possible kids, especially females. Whatever your friend might be willing to tolerate personally, she might think twice about having her daughter murdered for looking at the wrong boy.

I met him today. He seems cool enough, and after a couple rounds of sake , I said something like. . . I hope this is who you are, because I like you. If this isn't you, I'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way. Everyone laughed, and he did too, but I think he knows I meant it. Plus, I was kinda being extra goofy, so ...yeah, sake. :p

Not gonna discuss the issue further. Me and Monica are still cool. I feel better now. :D

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.