1. #1 MAYOR TO BLACK YOUTH: 'You have damaged your own race'... 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Philadelphia mayor talks tough to black teenagers after ‘flash mobs’

PHILADELPHIA — Mayor Michael A. Nutter, telling marauding black youths “you have damaged your own race,” imposed a tougher curfew Monday in response to the latest “flash mob” — spontaneous groups of teens who attack people at random on the streets of the city’s tourist and fashionable shopping districts.

“Take those God-darn hoodies down, especially in the summer,” Mr. Nutter, the city’s second black mayor, said in an angry lecture aimed at black teens. “Pull your pants up and buy a belt ‘cause no one wants to see your underwear or the crack of your butt.”

“If you walk into somebody’s office with your hair uncombed and a pick in the back, and your shoes untied, and your pants half down, tattoos up and down your arms and on your neck, and you wonder why somebody won’t hire you? They don’t hire you ‘cause you look like you’re crazy,” the mayor said. “You have damaged your own race.”

Mr. Nutter announced that he was beefing up police patrols in certain neighborhoods, enlisting volunteers to monitor the streets and moving up the weekend curfew for minors to 9 p.m.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...er-flash-mobs/

Basically, yeah. When I interviewed for the job I have now, I looked like I already worked there...there were alot of young men in outfits that made me tilt my head and go, "Where they do THIS at?" They're not just making it harder for themselves, they're making it harder for people like me.

But in a way, I saw this coming. I didn't think it was gonna be this bad, though.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Basically, yeah. When I interviewed for the job I have now, I looked like I already worked there...there were alot of young men in outfits that made me tilt my head and go, "Where they do THIS at?" They're not just making it harder for themselves, they're making it harder for people like me.

But in a way, I saw this coming. I didn't think it was gonna be this bad, though.

~QC
    Some businesses are relaxing the rules for low paying jobs. Some of the guys at Advance Auto Parts have prison tats. Some have skaterboi tats and piercings. Some have suburban thug going on. Walmart and Publix are allowing hip-belted shorts (Walmart) and trousers (Publix) but no boxer flash. Virtually every employer is allowing crazy-to-stylish hair. And let's face it, while we might not associate high fashion punk with violence or a long arrest record, on the surface we're talking about appearances. So the hip punk can't be permitted if you're going to exclude the hip-hop punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Some businesses are relaxing the rules for low paying jobs. Some of the guys at Advance Auto Parts have prison tats. Some have skaterboi tats and piercings. Some have suburban thug going on. Walmart and Publix are allowing hip-belted shorts (Walmart) and trousers (Publix) but no boxer flash. Virtually every employer is allowing crazy-to-stylish hair. And let's face it, while we might not associate high fashion punk with violence or a long arrest record, on the surface we're talking about appearances. So the hip punk can't be permitted if you're going to exclude the hip-hop punk.
    Touche. Three weeks ago, someone in HR saw me taking my facial piercing out in my car before going to work and told me, "You don't have to do it."

"But I work in Fashion Jewelry/Watches!"

"It's okay, If someone pulls you aside, say 'Vanessa (not her real name) said it was cool."

No one's said anything to me yet, but most days I take it out because you never know.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    ........ "You don't have to do it."..........
    And that about sums up their problem. If you don't "have to do it", they won't.

If you so much as darken my door looking like an idiot, don't bother. You will not be hired. If you Get hired because you thought it was ok to wear thug outfits, expect one warning before you are unemployed.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    If you so much as darken my door looking like an idiot, don't bother. You will not be hired. If you Get hired because you thought it was ok to wear thug outfits, expect one warning before you are unemployed.
    I see cops , firemen, and emt's with tattoos that would have prevented them from getting those jobs before the last decade or so. The Marine Corps is also cracking down on tatts, but I don't think you can make the argument that excessive tatts are a character issue. Besides, it's like any other fashion: on some people it looks hot and on others it looks stupid. The problem with tattoos is fashion. In 1980 a slave band, barbed wire, or Maori necklace was something new on the street; now it's kind of ho-hum.

In 1980 a slave band, barbed wire, or Maori necklace was something new on the street; now it's kind of ho-hum.
    Kinda like other things going on today.....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I see cops , firemen, and emt's with tattoos that would have prevented them from getting those jobs before the last decade or so. The Marine Corps is also cracking down on tatts, but I don't think you can make the argument that excessive tatts are a character issue. Besides, it's like any other fashion: on some people it looks hot and on others it looks stupid. The problem with tattoos is fashion. In 1980 a slave band, barbed wire, or Maori necklace was something new on the street; now it's kind of ho-hum.
    My comment was not so narrow as to focus on tats. I look at the entire individual. If you are too stupid to pull your damn pants up where they belong, if you wear your hat cocked off to the side like a thug, or mimic a "gangsta" in any other piece of attire, accessory, or affectation, you will not even be considered for a job. If you act or dress that way after you fooled me in the interview, you have one chance to un$%$# yourself immediately or I WILL, not might fire you.

Clear?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand