1. #1 DUmmies try to mislead 
    RandySF (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-10-11 12:51 PM
    Original message
    David Cameron: Today's youth do not have enough respect for the powerful.
    Advertisements [?]
    "For me, the root cause of this mindless selfishness is the same thing I have spoken about for years.

It is a complete lack of responsibility in parts of our society, people allowed to feel the world owes them something, that their rights outweigh their responsibilities and their actions do not have consequences.
    Well, they do have consequences.

We need to have a clearer code of standards and values that we expect people to live by and stronger penalties if they cross the line.

Restoring a stronger sense of responsibility across our society in every town, in every street, in every estate is something I am determined to do."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8693134/UK...
    Notice the bolded. Dummy typed it up as an actual qoute. Go through the story, and the word powerful is not even in it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=439x1710000
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oops!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Don't you love how their mantra is "Power to the people" and yet they want the government to control all the people.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    Don't you love how their mantra is "Power to the people" and yet they want the government to control all the people.
    No, it's more like "Power to the people, unless they disagree with me."
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    They explain this away by then saying, "Well, the government IS the people." Like I'd ever see Obama or Reid waiting in the lobby at the Jiffy Lube getting an oil change, see Pelosi wait in line at the theater.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

For awhile now I keep seeing this phrase on a couple of Liberal/Progressive blogs; " Liberals and other elites ".

Fore long time now, those on the Left believe that some how they were born to rule over the Mondane ( you and me); and we were to except this without question ( after all who are you to question your betters).

Now someone comes along and says that people should take responsibility for their actions.
    The Elites don't have to follow the same rules and laws as everyone else, after all they are THE ELITES.

In nation were every man is the equal to every other man, some folks have hard time grasping that truth.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.