Thread: choosing HRC as VP would have avoided Palinmania altogether.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 choosing HRC as VP would have avoided Palinmania altogether. 
    Unsane (1000+ posts) JSun Sep-07-08 11:56 PM
    Original message
    The elephant in the room: choosing HRC as VP would have avoided Palinmania altogether.

Anyone else thought about this? Part of me thinks Hillary Clinton is laughing right about now. McCain would likely have gone in another direction with his VP had Obama chosen HRC. It would have been something like McCain-Huckabee or McCain-Pawlenty. Now we're having to deal with an energized GOP peeling women voters away with the media fawning over Caribou Barbie and her reality TV family.
    I bet they hate this!

win_in_06 (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-08-08 12:00 AM
    Response to Original message
    13. Some call it...

"Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory"
    President_Obama (34 posts) Mon Sep-08-08 12:00 AM
    12. this is unnecessary and will soon be locked

President_Obama (34 posts) Mon Sep-08-08 12:00 AM
    12. this is unnecessary and will soon be locked
    The mighty "O" has spoken. :D

That username cracks me up. I wonder if $kimmer will let them change their usernames after the elections. All of the ones referring to Bush will have to change it to make fun of McCain instead.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    She would have a 'shiv' in his back the night after the election win !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    She would have a 'shiv' in his back the night after the election win !
    His chances of winning would have greatly improved if he had chosen Hillary but it would have WWF smack down every week with these two birds in the W.H. He should have picked a moderate Democ. woman; however, I don't think they have any such animals in their camp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyRet View Post
    The mighty "O" has spoken. :D

That username cracks me up. I wonder if $kimmer will let them change their usernames after the elections. All of the ones referring to Bush will have to change it to make fun of McCain instead.
    In 2004 when they lost with that Dud Kerry, someone came up with the bright idea to "Stand Up!." And in a thread that reached over 500 responses, the DUmmies stood up and posted their real names. Many their real hometowns. I still have a data base. :D

I bet Michelle pushed him away from choosing Hillary.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I bet Michelle pushed him away from choosing Hillary.

The expression on Michelle face when Hillary started speaking was like, why is that bitch on that platform. Same old, same old when Bubba spoke. She was not a happy camper.

Banned
    I think that everyone is missing Obama's motivation for picking Biden. How long did he wait before picking Biden? The day before he HAD to pick someone? Obama waited and waited until the last minute because he would rather not have had a VP at all. There is no one out there duller than Biden and Biden would take none of the Spotlight from Obama. That is why Obama picked him in the first place.

glowing (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-08-08 12:02 AM
    18. I think that if it had been the other way around, Hillary Clinton would have
    chosen someone like Biden. She would not have chosen Obama. Too strong of personalities to run together... They have the It factor way too much to be second in command, either one of them. So, had Hillary won, chosen a Biden, McCain would have run around looking for a Black VP? I think the reason McCain took as long as he did was to see who Obama would actually pick. He wanted smoke and mirrors. As far as I can tell, most people are rather disgusted by Caribou Barbie.

Hmmm....yeah, right...

Perhaps most stunning is the fact that Palinís favorable ratings are now a point higher than either man at the top of the Presidential tickets this year. As of Friday morning, Obama and McCain are each viewed favorably by 57% of voters. Biden is viewed favorably by 48%.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    In 2004 when they lost with that Dud Kerry, someone came up with the bright idea to "Stand Up!." And in a thread that reached over 500 responses, the DUmmies stood up and posted their real names. Many their real hometowns. I still have a data base. :D

Name- Big Chief DUmmy
    Location- Mom's basement