Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I think this is going to be a year where money isn't going to be a huge factor. we'll see though
    When it comes down to brass tacks, money is always a huge factor.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    When it comes down to brass tacks, money is always a huge factor.
    It will be a bigger issue in the General Election than it will be in the primaries, is where I was going with that.

A lot of people don't like Romeny and it's showing. He placed 7th in a race that he's been polling 1st for the last year or so, even if he hasn't been putting a ton of effort in Iowa. As far as primaries go, this one is going to be far less about money and more about the issues....
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    If Ron Paul and Michele Bachman split the social conservatives and libertarian types this may give an opportinity to any strong third candidate.

I can see Perry winning the caucus. I doubt Romney would. Never can tell though. Could be someone else completely. Perry and Bachman have Tea Party cred.

This will be interesting.
    Perry is no tea party guy. The tea party candidates are already in this race.
    The Republican establishment has vowed not to be taken by a bunch of tea partiers. First they trowled out Pawlenty...then, Huntsman. When those two didn't pan out they sought out Rick Perry. Rick Perry has tried for that label with some tough talk, but he's not getting grass root support of a "tea party" candidate and many Texans don't like him. Just watch. He'll be gettting the same old RINO corporate sponsorships all the other establishment shrills get by fall. The Republican party will not ever allow a grassroots tea party wing like a Bachman or Cain or a Paul to be the nominee.
    But the grassroots are going to be tough out this time around. They just showed their organizing skills yesterday.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Why is Ron Paul in 2nd?? I thought everyone knew he was a kook? Did the paulista's sabotage the polls in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Why is Ron Paul in 2nd?? I thought everyone knew he was a kook? Did the paulista's sabotage the polls in some way?
    Straw polls aren't exactly scientific. I have videos of Romeny's camp voting multiple times in a Flordia one in 07. And for instance in this years.....Bachman, rumor had it, was not charging for her voting tickets at the end of this years Ames.

They are more about who's best organized.....oh and who gives away the best goodies.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 08-14-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    His Ronbots don't think he's a kook. I'll at least give them points for their enthusiasm. But he'd never win in a general election.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"