1. #1 mtndummy Would Rather Be Trailing By Ten Points 

mtnsnake (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-08-08 01:08 PM
    Original message
    If we were leading in the polls right now by 10 or 20 points, I would be a little worried
    You know damn well that the Repukes would slowly come from behind in the polls, pull this thing close to even by mid-October, and have all the momentum going into the final days of the campaign. Fuck that. I like the spot we're in right now because we haven't even begun to fight yet.

It's all about timing. We are going to win this thing, I guarantee you that, but there is no sense in making our final push to the finish line too early and taking a chance on sitting on a big lead for 2 months. The important thing now is to keep it close and not make any big mistakes. Then, what's going to happen is we'll eventually start pulling slowly ahead and they're never going to catch up. By the time we reach the finish line, the Repukes are going to be so far behind and gasping for oxygen because they'll have nothing left in a tank that's already half empty as we speak.

So stop worrying so much about another loss because that is just not going to happen. Instead of worrying to death, take a break from the computer once in a while, volunteer in your area, build some signs, or talk to people who need some convincing, and let Obama and Biden handle the rest.

Alert | Hide Thread | Recommend (0 votes) Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | To

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6984211
    What a ship of fools...

Or, for another way of putting it, "Okay, we're losing, but maybe we can pull ahead in the remaining couple months!"

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Or, for another way of putting it, "Okay, we're losing, but maybe we can pull ahead in the remaining couple months!"

Nope ,this dummies is calling for the "PREVENT DEFENSE"

As all football fans understand the prevent defense ,prevents your team from winning

Is he talking about politics or NASCAR?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

If we were leading in the polls right now by 10 or 20 points, I would be a little worried

Me too. :D

Well .... ... if he wants to be 10 points behind in the polls of 'likely voters' then he must be one happy little DUer right now! Frankly, I think that's a very odd thing to wish for ...