Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

And it's only 1 million bucs!!!

From CostCo. No Really. :D
    CostCo's a new subdivison De Beers ?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

And it's only 1 million bucs!!!

From CostCo. No Really. :D
    I wouldn't be able to tell that from a Fabulous Fakes.

Power CUer
    You can't get better clarity than IF, and you can't get a better color than D. I love my emerald cut, though. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I wonder if it feels really heavy to wear it. I tried on a friend's ring once that was a carat, and it seemed heavy.

I don't care if jewelry is valuable or if it's from Target, as long as it's pretty.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wonder if it feels really heavy to wear it. I tried on a friend's ring once that was a carat, and it seemed heavy.
    I have a 2.25 carat emerald cut set in a very thick, heavy gold band with 32 princess cut diamonds in the band. When you hold it in your hand, it's very heavy. When it's on the finger, I don't feel it at all. The band is 3/8 inch wide, so it's pretty substantial.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I have a 2.25 carat emerald cut set in a very thick, heavy gold band with 32 princess cut diamonds in the band. When you hold it in your hand, it's very heavy. When it's on the finger, I don't feel it at all. The band is 3/8 inch wide, so it's pretty substantial.

Your hubby must really love you, that's a big rock.

My dad gave my mom a quarter carat diamond. She still wears it-she had it reset for her right hand after they divorced. His second wife wears a plain band. (Dad is a cheapskate).

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Your hubby must really love you, that's a big rock.

My dad gave my mom a quarter carat diamond. She still wears it-she had it reset for her right hand after they divorced. His second wife wears a plain band. (Dad is a cheapskate).
    It's the "25 year service award", hardly the ring I started with. :) My dad gave my mother 1/4 carat when they married, "because that's what I could afford". Very sensible. Later, she had it reset in platinum, with her mother's engagement diamond and other diamonds in the setting. Dad was very pleased when I told him the recent appraisal amount.

Once a ring gets to be the size of the one in this thread, they sometimes don't "look real".