Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Designer Purses? 
    Do you buy Coach, Gucci...etc designer bags? I don't....not because I can't afford it..but I just don't see the why I should spend over $200.oo for a purse. I do like Tignanello leather bags, and I'll buy one per year..and I recycle. They go for around 120-180, but I always buy on sale and usually don't pay more than $100. I love the smell and feel of the leather.

Right now...I am using a Nine West leather bag that I had in my closet. I decide to skip buying a new bag this year as I wanted to save the money.

What do you all use?

this is what I used last Fall. I wore a silver one this spring...and now use a red Nine West.

the liner of the Tignanello bags are really nice too..and cute pockets for cell phone, make up...etc.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 08-15-2011 at 10:19 PM.

I used to get Dooney and Burke when they were on sale. I had a lovely giraffe print one, but now there are so many knockoffs of them. Since I've been living in Florida, I noticed so many women are using those cloth Vera Bradley print bags. I like them because they're so lightweight.

SR gave me a nice one for my birthday last year. This year I bought two for myself, one a red print that's designed to hold a laptop. I thought it would be good for trips. The other one is a black print which I'm saving for winter. Both were bought at the Women's Exchange here, so I got them for a fraction of the price.

I'm thinking of taking some of my designer purses to that place to sell. We're living a very relaxed lifestyle now, so don't need the purses that I used to take to the office.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    I'm not a handbag person. A Vera Bradley will hold the stuff I haul around every day just fine. My mother had an Hermes bag that she got in Paris at the end of the war and carried for about forty years. :) I may treat myself to something nice in Italy next month, and may do a little pre-Christmas shopping there.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

My everyday black purse is a $15 special from Target. I have a blue purse that I've had for almost 20 years that I bought at Hudsons, before it became Marshall Fields, then Macys. I think I paid $40 for it back then, and thought that was a lot of money, but it's still in good shape.

I always wanted a nice Coach bag-my supervisor has one that I envy, although hers is not in a color I'd want.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I always wanted a nice Coach bag-my supervisor has one that I envy, although hers is not in a color I'd want.
    I liked the old, classic Coach bags, not the new ones with the big C's all over them. You can still order the classic ones, they just don't stock them in the stores.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My everyday black purse is a $15 special from Target. I have a blue purse that I've had for almost 20 years that I bought at Hudsons, before it became Marshall Fields, then Macys. I think I paid $40 for it back then, and thought that was a lot of money, but it's still in good shape.

If you like Coach, if you have a Dillard's store near you, go there on New Year's Day. They almost always have a 75% off sale. I'm not into being manhandled by the raging women shoppers, but my sister goes there every year. She said that many of the women grab about 20 purses. She got really mad and talked to the employees but said there was no limit on how many you can get. I think a woman put one down and my sis grabbed it right away.

I have a nice Coach that I got some time ago on sale without all the C's.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

A few years ago, when I was visiting in New York, I took the #6 train into Chinatown. Designer knock offs were proudly displayed by the chinese twenty years ago...now it is illegal to sell. As I walked around, a little chinese lady outside one of the stores whispered to me, "hey, u wan coach, downstairs, come.."
    So I went, I felt like I was buying drugs...but in the basement, she had a warehouse of designer knock offs...I brought a small coach bag with a matching wallet for $35 bucks...lol

I have a couple of designer handbags. I do like Lulu Guinness, but I also have a couple of cheap ones too. I buy bags if I find them irresistible. I am currently looking for a new one but I haven't seen one that really grabs me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    I have a couple of designer handbags. I do like Lulu Guinness, but I also have a couple of cheap ones too. I buy bags if I find them irresistible. I am currently looking for a new one but I haven't seen one that really grabs me yet.
    I wasn't familiar with that line, but I haven't been shopping much lately. Interesting that the line seems to veer between the extremely conservative and the more avant garde types. Do you have one with the lips or the big eyes or one of the quilted ones?

"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I wasn't familiar with that line, but I haven't been shopping much lately. Interesting that the line seems to veer between the extremely conservative and the more avant garde types. Do you have one with the lips or the big eyes or one of the quilted ones?
    I have this one and this one. The second one is just for evenings.