Thread: Accident

1. #1 Accident 
    Banned
    Has anyone ever been in a accident that was not your fault but you still have to pay for the damages because the other party does not have insurance.
    I am in tons of pain and it is from the cracked ribs and broken nose! Plus I have a sprained wrist so hunting and pecking is my typing skills now. Plus a busted knee and ankle from slamming on my breaks.
    On the good news opening day for the store is set for the first of September and all of my girlfriends and I are beyond excited.

I hope you heal up okay, do they have anything you can sue for?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noworries View Post
    Has anyone ever been in a accident that was not your fault but you still have to pay for the damages because the other party does not have insurance.
    I am in tons of pain and it is from the cracked ribs and broken nose! Plus I have a sprained wrist so hunting and pecking is my typing skills now. Plus a busted knee and ankle from slamming on my breaks.
    On the good news opening day for the store is set for the first of September and all of my girlfriends and I are beyond excited.
    That has never happened to me. Living in Arizona, we have a lot of illegal aliens on our roadways, and they don't have driver's licenses, much less auto insurance. Adding uninsured and under-insured motorist insurance is a necessity here. You should probably add those to your policy as soon as you can. It won't help you out now, but better safe than sorry.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Did the person at fault receive a ticket from the cops? Does your state have a mandatory no fault insurance law, and was the person at fault also ticketed for not having insurance?

If you answered yes to both questions, dial 1-800-Call Sam.

Seriously, I think you have a case, unless the guy is poor. Then it's really not worth pursuing.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Did the person at fault receive a ticket from the cops? Does your state have a mandatory no fault insurance law, and was the person at fault also ticketed for not having insurance?

If you answered yes to both questions, dial 1-800-Call Sam.

Seriously, I think you have a case, unless the guy is poor. Then it's really not worth pursuing.
    Dont listen to her, sue the shit out of them even if they have nothing. If someday they do have something you will have a lien (or a judgement)
    against them and you could get your money.

Did you check with your insurance company to make sure that you do or do not have uninsured motorist or underinsured motorist coverage? I'm not sure where you reside, but most states require it or at least most insurance companies recommend it.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    Here is a answer for everyone yes I have uninsured insurance. I would love to sue the hell out of the woman who hit me but she is a illegal alien so who can I sue? I did not got a ticket and I do not know what she was charged with because I was on my way to the hospital. I will find everything out on Friday when I can pick up a copy of the police report.

Quote Originally Posted by noworries View Post
    Here is a answer for everyone yes I have uninsured insurance. I would love to sue the hell out of the woman who hit me but she is a illegal alien so who can I sue? I did not got a ticket and I do not know what she was charged with because I was on my way to the hospital. I will find everything out on Friday when I can pick up a copy of the police report.
    Your uninsured insurance is going to save your ass in this one. Your insurance company will take care of you. Get a report/complaint/case number (whatever they call it in your locale), and then call your agent or your companies claim service. Don't take a check or payoff 'estimate' offered by your insurance company! Find out what the actual medical and vehicle repair costs are going to be first. I don't know how it is in your area, but in Arizona where I live, you can only sue for actual damages. So any damages not covered by my insurance company, like my medicals bills exceed my maximum coverage, I could sue. Otherwise the option to sue is completely at the discretion of my insurance company, because they are the one who takes the loss.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense