Thread: The Unit

1. #1 The Unit 
    Fabulous Poster
    Has anyone else watched this show?

The other night I watched it, and apart from some Hollywood predictability, it was pretty good. Except, that after watching it, I didn't want to watch it again. Why?

I'm thinking that it's because watching fiction about our military getting killed in the middle east isn't entertaining when we actually have young men getting killed in the middle east. Comics would say it's "too soon" by a long shot. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I can't completely describe the feeling I get watching this. It's not the kind of anger I can turn off and go about my day, like after watching an hour of Ken Burns Civil War or some piece of propaganda on PBS. This is a TV show, a fictional story, which generates the anger of watching the news but is fake. It's a weird almost nauseating feeling.

Anyone else?

Power CUer
    I used to watch it when it first came out a number of years ago. Season one was its best season, but an old co-worker of mine who was an Army ranger says the show is way off. The book it came from, Inside Delta Force, got thumbs up from the co-worker, however.

Sonnabend
    I'm thinking that it's because watching fiction about our military getting killed in the middle east isn't entertaining when we actually have young men getting killed in the middle east. Comics would say it's "too soon" by a long shot. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    I'd say it's a sharp reminder to any who want to send the Dane a cheque.