(1000+ posts) Thu Aug-18-11 01:06 PM
As a Democrat who has abandoned Obama let me tell you something about it.
Edited on Thu Aug-18-11 01:35 PM by ThomWV
First off I understand why a good number of loyal Democrats continue to support President Obama, I understand some of the reasons. He does in fact have accomplishments and he leads a competent Administration. His accomplishments are enough to satisfy some Democrats, and not enough for some others.
Before Obama there was Bush of course. (ahhh...here it comes)
I hated Bush before he was sworn in as President. (of course you did.)
I hated him when he was Governor of Texas. (wait...all this hate, I thought you Libtards are all about compassion??)
Back then I thought he was the sorriest hunk of scum in the national political pond. Then he stole the election and there he was in the White House. And I was going around telling everyone I could find that he was an incompetent SOB at best and a fraud in any event. People told me I was nuts, and to "let it go".
But I wouldn't let it go, and then came 9/11. (Yesssss, 9/11. Mr Stupid fools everyone, except of course you and spooked911. :D)
Now Mr. pond scum has a 97% approval rating and it seemed like I made up the other 3% all by myself because I can't find anyone else anywhere that agreed with me that the man should be impeached for dereliction of duty. (That would tell most sane people something but hey...)
And I went everywhere with the same message - "Open Your Eyes Folks! You are smart people, can't you see through that fraud" and I would point out failing after failing. And I actually lost friends over that. (Shocking!!!!:eek:)
It took the rest of the country another 5~7 years to figure it out. (Translation: I'm smarts, you all is dumbs. Hate Bu$h!!!!!!)
And during that time we got the destruction of the United States, the destruction of the middle class, the ruin of our finance, economic, and manufacturing systems and sectors. (Wow!!)
And a few of us could see it right from the start. (Well of COURSE!!!!)
It is my opinion, as a Democrat, that Obama is not good for the Country. What the country needs right now is a strong progressive Democrat in the White House and President Obama has shown time and again that he is not able to fill that need. And the nation falls deeper and deeper into despair and disrepair. (We need ME!!!! I mean we need someone as smart as me...)
So for those of you who ask why at least one Democrat, me
, (see...told ya!)
continues to sound the alarm and then tries to convince other Democrats that this guy is the wrong man for the Presidency and that for the sake of the nation - acting in our own self interest and the interest's of our children, grandchildren, and decedents to come, we want better. And I don't intend to shut up about it either. (Cool!!!!)
PS: For those who think a Primary challenge weakens the eventual candidate let me remind you that President Obama fought through a strong field of Primary Opponents in the 2008 election and had no trouble winning.
(You fools...listen to ThomWV before it's too late!!!!!!)