Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 As a Democrat who has abandoned Obama let me tell you something about it. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    A trip to DU LaLa Land...

ThomWV (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-18-11 01:06 PM
    Original message

As a Democrat who has abandoned Obama let me tell you something about it. Edited on Thu Aug-18-11 01:35 PM by ThomWV
    First off I understand why a good number of loyal Democrats continue to support President Obama, I understand some of the reasons. He does in fact have accomplishments and he leads a competent Administration. His accomplishments are enough to satisfy some Democrats, and not enough for some others.

Before Obama there was Bush of course. (ahhh...here it comes) I hated Bush before he was sworn in as President. (of course you did.) I hated him when he was Governor of Texas. (wait...all this hate, I thought you Libtards are all about compassion??) Back then I thought he was the sorriest hunk of scum in the national political pond. Then he stole the election and there he was in the White House. And I was going around telling everyone I could find that he was an incompetent SOB at best and a fraud in any event. People told me I was nuts, and to "let it go".

But I wouldn't let it go, and then came 9/11. (Yesssss, 9/11. Mr Stupid fools everyone, except of course you and spooked911. :D) Now Mr. pond scum has a 97% approval rating and it seemed like I made up the other 3% all by myself because I can't find anyone else anywhere that agreed with me that the man should be impeached for dereliction of duty. (That would tell most sane people something but hey...) And I went everywhere with the same message - "Open Your Eyes Folks! You are smart people, can't you see through that fraud" and I would point out failing after failing. And I actually lost friends over that. (Shocking!!!!:eek:)

It took the rest of the country another 5~7 years to figure it out. (Translation: I'm smarts, you all is dumbs. Hate Bu$h!!!!!!) And during that time we got the destruction of the United States, the destruction of the middle class, the ruin of our finance, economic, and manufacturing systems and sectors. (Wow!!)

And a few of us could see it right from the start. (Well of COURSE!!!!)

It is my opinion, as a Democrat, that Obama is not good for the Country. What the country needs right now is a strong progressive Democrat in the White House and President Obama has shown time and again that he is not able to fill that need. And the nation falls deeper and deeper into despair and disrepair. (We need ME!!!! I mean we need someone as smart as me...)

So for those of you who ask why at least one Democrat, me, (see...told ya!) continues to sound the alarm and then tries to convince other Democrats that this guy is the wrong man for the Presidency and that for the sake of the nation - acting in our own self interest and the interest's of our children, grandchildren, and decedents to come, we want better. And I don't intend to shut up about it either. (Cool!!!!)

PS: For those who think a Primary challenge weakens the eventual candidate let me remind you that President Obama fought through a strong field of Primary Opponents in the 2008 election and had no trouble winning.

(You fools...listen to ThomWV before it's too late!!!!!!)

:D:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Clearly a racist who only opposes Obama because he's black...
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    soooooooooo.....he hate's Obama, because he hated Bush?
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I think what ThomWV was trying to say is that he is super smart and knew Bush was bad before anyone else did and therefore his opinion on Obama should be taken as proven fact and therefore everyone at DU should vote for a progressive liberal candidate rather than just "settle" for Obama.

Personally, I'd love it if a progressive third candidate ran and subsequently received a minute fraction of the vote. Maybe that would just those DUmbasses up ... for a minute anyway.

Apparently, when Obama claimed that the last election was a reflection of public anger at Bush, and the voters were too stupid to realize that the incumbents that they were voting out weren't Republicans, he was talking about this clown.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by the director View Post
    Personally, I'd love it if a progressive third candidate ran and subsequently received a minute fraction of the vote. Maybe that would just those DUmbasses up ... for a minute anyway.
    Not only that but then they'd realize that their idiotic opinions are shared by less than 5% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Not only that but then they'd realize that their idiotic opinions are shared by less than 5% of the population.
    Nah they would claim fraud or that the candidate really wasn't a true progressive or some other excuse.

A more Progressive president Thom? My guess you mean batsh*t crazy.

Hate to tell you, But Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Sadam are dead.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

He's one of those Wee Wee/Wilbur type Communists that think that Obama's first term has been nothing more than a 3rd Bush term.

This DUmmie is the type that thought Obama was a failure the moment he didn't replace the Constitution with the Communist Manifesto.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 08-19-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    He's one of those Wee Wee/Wilbur type Communists that think that Obama's first term has been nothing more than a 3rd Bush term.

This DUmmies is the type that thought Obama was a failure the moment he didn't replace the Constitution with the Communist Manifesto.
    What have been the significant changes from Bush's administration to Obama's?

The wars have continued, torture continues, no one is prosecuted for torture, there's secret illegal underground CIA prisons, the tax cuts have been extended, the patriot act has been extended, more people have been deported under Obama, Unions have been thrown under the bus, we are now engaged in military hostilities in 2 new countries (Pakistan with drones, Libya through NATO), the health care bill is NOT a progressive bill in fact it uses ideas proposed previously by Republicans, he's willing to put Social Security and Medicare on the chopping block without tax increases.

Where exactly is this far-left President? I don't see it. He uses rhetoric about hope and change of course, but his actions have shown him to be nothing more than Bush with a human face, someone that thoughtless MSNBC liberals can get behind.

There is big hypocrisy from democrats who ranted and raved about Bush and what he was doing, but seem to support Obama doing all of the same stuff because he's the cool smooth charismatic Democrat that plays B-ball.

I don't buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.