1. #1 I hate to say it but I can see Rick Perry becoming President.. 
    link

Green_Lantern (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Aug-18-11 03:51 PM
    Original message
    I hate to say it but I can see Rick Perry becoming President..

If Bush can win when the state of the nation and the economy was in good shape after Clinton, then Perry could do it now.

It wouldn't take rocket science and complex ideas, but just telling people what they want to hear in a charming voice.

I think Perry has the charm and style the other GOP candidates don't. Other than that the GOP field aren't very different on the issues. The GOP nomination will be about style and personality more than issues.
    No, Green, it's liberals who fall for "style and personality" (think Obama, hope and change, and an actors ability to convincingly read a teleprompter)
    Cool Logic (761 posts) Thu Aug-18-11 04:04 PM
    Response to Original message
    10. "The GOP nomination will be about style and personality more than issues."

In 2008, that is what the Democratic nomination was about as well.

Many political historians claim that politics became more about presentation and less about principles, following the first televised election in 1960.
    Oh, oh, this low count commenter tells the truth.
    scheming daemons Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-18-11 03:53 PM
    1. The one big disadvantage Perry has is that people have a memory of Bush's presidency

When Bush won, nobody knew how bad it would be.
    DJ13 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Aug-18-11 03:53 PM
    2. He's too Texan

People will see another W when they see him and hear him speak.
    One question for all: Were you better off when Bush was president or now with Obama?

Ok. Well two. What has been Obama's track record of dealing with unemployment? Perry's?
    mnhtnbb Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-18-11 03:57 PM
    4. OMG. This is so scary I'm fixing a cocktail. It might be the only way

to get through the nightmare that this would represent for the country.
    :eek:Oh the horrors!!! Unrestrained spending might stop just a little!!!
    FBaggins (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-18-11 04:04 PM
    9. I can certainly see President Obama losing.

At this point it doesn't matter much who they put into the "R" column.

The economy needs to improve substantialls and/or a credible third-party candidate on the right needs to arise.

Carter wasn't nearly as bad as people imagine that he was... but you can only hand your opponent so much by way of handicap before you can't win.
    True.
    Atman Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-18-11 04:07 PM
    12. This country is so fucked up, at this point I could see ME becoming president.

Seriously...wtf is going on here?

I said this in 2008, and my DU post made it onto the Rush Limbaugh show...but I'd swear the GOP wants to throw the race. Who the fuck would want this job? The corporations control everything, the government is virtually irrelevant. All the GOP has to do is allow President Obama another four years in office as they sit on their Scrooge McDuck piles of gold and cash, wait for everything to tank, then blame the crazy black man. Which is pretty much what they've been doing so far. When they've duped enough people, or rigged enough electronic voting machines, they'll control everything again...and the only taxes paid will be by poor people paying tax on food stamps. The takeover will be complete.
    Well.......I hate to say it but Atman is sounding crazier and crazier.

Note: I haven't made any decisions about what I think about Perry. Liberals seem to think he might be a problem, however.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Poor Atman, he really should see a doctor before that choice is taken away from him. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!