Thread: Fresh Flowers

1. #1 Fresh Flowers 
    I like to have fresh flowers around the house. I usually buy them every other week, unless there is a special occasion. I buy roses for special occassions, birthdays, mother's day..etc.
    Other times, I usually get mixed flowers, sunflowers when they are in season...and I especially like tulips and easter lillies (when in season).

I grow roses in a pot outside, but they didn't do well this year.

Do you keep fresh flowers in you home?? If so, which?

I'm glad you changed the thread title. "Fresh Flowes" in the Estrogen Zone probably wasn't gonna bring to many folks in. :D
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm glad you changed the thread title. "Fresh Flowes" in the Estrogen Zone probably wasn't gonna bring to many folks in. :D
    That was the fastest edit I have ever done!:eek::D:o
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That was the fastest edit I have ever done!:eek::D:o
    Good catch...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I like to have fresh flowers around the house. I usually buy them every other week, unless there is a special occasion. I buy roses for special occassions, birthdays, mother's day..etc.
    Other times, I usually get mixed flowers, sunflowers when they are in season...and I especially like tulips and easter lillies (when in season).

I grow roses in a pot outside, but they didn't do well this year.

Do you keep fresh flowers in you home?? If so, which?
    My neighbor in the back has these gorgeous vines with huge flowers that hang over our fence. Every day it's relaxing to see that blanket of yellow.

I also love to get fresh flowers. The only things I don't like are lilies--and that's because their smell gets to me, sort of like an allergic thing. I'm afraid to cut the flowers around the house, as there are too many bugs on them. A place called Trader Joe's used to have beautiful flowers, very fresh and inexpensive but there aren't any of those stores around here.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I get my flowers from Target. They have a delivery every Thursday morning, they have the nicest flowers and beautiful roses in a variety of colors.
    There is also a mom & pop flower shop nearby that I go to as well. I hand them a $10 bill and tell them to make me an arrangement..Never been disappointed.

I can't have plants in the house because my cats confuse the pot for a litter box So I still get a nice fragrance with the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I get my flowers from Target. They have a delivery every Thursday morning, they have the nicest flowers and beautiful roses in a variety of colors.
    There is also a mom & pop flower shop nearby that I go to as well. I hand them a $10 bill and tell them to make me an arrangement..Never been disappointed.

I can't have plants in the house because my cats confuse the pot for a litter box So I still get a nice fragrance with the flowers.
    There aren't any really close Targets from me, but if they have a good sale, will wait til Thursday to go there and get some.

I've been getting plants as they last longer. That's one thing about dogs--they don't bother stuff in pots. I got some beautiful plants at Selby Botanical Garden when I was volunteering there, but quite a few of them didn't last. I've been having better luck with Home Depot. If they don't last, not as much money is lost.

A couple of weeks ago I got 3 really nice crotons at the HD for only $2.50 each. I planted them by the walkway in front of the house. They added the color that it needed.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I like fresh flowers on the table when I have company over for dinner.

I also buy them for my mother quite often. On top of having a couple rose bushes and the flowers I plant around the house. Since my mom and I are next door neighbors, her and her guests can sit outside and enjoy them.

I have learned to only plant flowers close to the house. These little things called rabbits like to eat things.

I usually don't buy cut roses, they simply don't last as long as others...the last flowers I bought my mom were fresh cut mums and they lasted over two weeks....for $5 from Wal Mart...