Thread: Are you Girly??

1. #1 Are you Girly?? 
    I've started watching Millionaire Matchmaker lately and they've been showing episodes filmed in New York for the past few weeks. Patty (the hostess/matchmaker) made an interesting observation yesterday. She spoke about the differences between LA women and NY women. According to her, LA women are more into their looks and are more feminine. They color their hair, do their nails and are more feminine than NY women. She described NY women to be more natural, theh keep their natural hair color, aren't too concerned about their looks, more into education than modeling...etc.

So being a NY woman(originally), I'd have to agree with her. I do color my hair, but keep it my natural color. I was more interested in academic scholarships than say sports. I didn't want to be a model or actress, but rather wanted to be successful. I do care about how I look, but it's not the highest on my list.
    I don't always wear make up, I don't wear high heels (anymore)...I've been more focused in getting a career and being successful.

I think it's time for me to more girly...Are you girly?

Novaheart, you can chime in too...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I've started watching Millionaire Matchmaker lately and they've been showing episodes filmed in New York for the past few weeks. Patty (the hostess/matchmaker) made an interesting observation yesterday. She spoke about the differences between LA women and NY women. According to her, LA women are more into their looks and are more feminine. They color their hair, do their nails and are more feminine than NY women. She described NY women to be more natural, theh keep their natural hair color, aren't too concerned about their looks, more into education than modeling...etc.

So being a NY woman(originally), I'd have to agree with her. I do color my hair, but keep it my natural color. I was more interested in academic scholarships than say sports. I didn't want to be a model or actress, but rather wanted to be successful. I do care about how I look, but it's not the highest on my list.
    I don't always wear make up, I don't wear high heels (anymore)...I've been more focused in getting a career and being successful.

I think it's time for me to more girly...Are you girly?

Novaheart, you can chime in too...
    You sound like my younger twin. Although from St Louis, probably more like a NY woman. Since I've been very young, always valued getting ahead on my smarts vs conniving stuff out of guys. I still can remember my dad trying to give me money before going back to college and I'd say "Dad, save your money, I can do it on my own." Sometimes I'd envy women who did it the other way, but just not in my very fiber. My mom had this blazing independence streak. I always swore I'd be different, but guess I'm not.

Like you, wasn't in to sports during my youth, but it was fun going to the gun range with SR, really enjoyed it. My niece and her little girls are very "girlie" in that they look adorable and almost always wear dresses and the little ones always wear pink. Maybe I should emulate them more, but it's probably too late. Sigh.

Also don't always wear make-up, but then I don't scare people if they see me without it. :D Natural is good in my book, but it was tough in the last year going back to my natural brown after a moment of not being me when I became a blonde for a couple years. That growing out phase was tough. :eek:
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    I am very girly love to be all dressed up but most days I do not have the chance