Thread: I think I've figured out why the non-wealthy would support teabagger policies/goals.

1. #1 I think I've figured out why the non-wealthy would support teabagger policies/goals. 
    link

arbusto_baboso (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Aug-19-11 04:51 PM
    Original message
    I think I've figured out why the non-wealthy would support teabagger policies/goals.

If you talk to 'baggers, you'll notice something about them right away: they like to have someone to blame for society's ills, and it usually involves groups of people getting something the 'baggers don't feel those people deserve.

When you couple this with the religious sensibilities of most 'baggers, the picture comes into focus even more.

Teabaggers want to punish people for "immorality". This is refelected in their desire to dismantle the safety nets, because in 'baggers minds, the poor have some moral deficiency (laziness, greed, different skin color or ethnicity - YES, that last IS a moral issue in their twisted "minds") which makes them poor. Similarly, their stand on abortion and choice is far less about actual life (they'd be anti-war and anti-death penalty if it were really about life), than it is about the desire to punish a sexually "immoral" woman.

You can go issue by issue, and it's all about the desire to punish "wrongdoers".
    Because to the left expecting someone to make responsible choices and taking responsibility for thier actions and for themselves is somehow a 'punishment'.

It kind of reeks of Obama saying that if one of his kids got pregnant he wouldn't want them "punished" by having to have the kid.

It's just another way of being a "fleebagger".
    Drale Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-19-11 04:53 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. The reason right wingers support the rich

is because they truly believe they will one day be rich and they treat them the way they want to be treated when they are rich.
    Ignorance knows no bounds.

Well, that "something" that tea party supporters don't feel that people deserve is their HARD EARNED MONEY!!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    it doesn't have ANYTHING to the fact we know how destructive liberal polices are and that we want to improve our own stations in life.....NOOO....it couldn't be THAT
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Moonbats totally lack the ability to figure anyone out ... at all.

All they do is either look into a mirror, or listen to the ranting of Moonbats, or worse yet, the psycho drama playing in their heads.

How can so many people be so clueless

Good thing they don't work in Intelligence; we would have been wiped years ago.

MOONBAT # 1 - " The terrorists attacked us on 9/11 because we don't have gay marrige, Bush became president and America has too large a carbin footprint"

MOONBAT #2 - " I see. So we deserved it. "

MOONBAT # 1 - " Right. And it woldn't have happened at all if America hadn't invaded Iraq first ."
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by the director View Post
    This deserves a conservative bouncy. :bounce:
    Where's the link to the source and original thread?

Could it possibly be that there isn't one, because conservatives in general don't congregate to swap bouncies in real life like they do in your head? Maybe it is in fact your insane mental image of a conservative that is being spewed onto the internet rather than a tale of real life conservatives? Do you know why you don't have an original link and had to resort to making up the story?

Now are you going to try to convince me that your irrational, dementia induced fairy tale of a conservative is more correct than real life? Step out of the little afternoon special daytime drama reel that is playing in your head and take a look at real life happening all around you. Snap out of your dream world, and maybe you won't make a fool of yourself on the internet so often.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Where's the link to the source and original thread?

Could it possibly be that there isn't one, because conservatives in general don't congregate to swap bouncies in real life like they do in your head? Maybe it is in fact your insane mental image of a conservative that is being spewed onto the internet rather than a tale of real life conservatives? Do you know why you don't have an original link and had to resort to making up the story?

Now are you going to try to convince me that your irrational, dementia induced fairy tale of a conservative is more correct than real life? Step out of the little afternoon special daytime drama reel that is playing in your head and take a look at real life happening all around you. Snap out of your dream world, and maybe you won't make a fool of yourself on the internet so often.
    It was a joke, plus I know that DUmmies read this site. I deleted it cause I forgot there isn't much of a sense of humor on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by the director View Post
    It was a joke, plus I know that DUmmies read this site. I deleted it cause I forgot there isn't much of a sense of humor on these forums.
    Ah, the main problem was that there was no context to signal the joke. I couldn't tell. Typed print doesn't exactly convey much character.

I've got to say, that was a very convincing impersonation of a libtard troll, if that's what you were after though. :D
    Last edited by malloc; 08-20-2011 at 04:53 AM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

There's nothing that puts a song in my heart more that reading a Dummie saying, "I think I've figured out..." Half of them don't know what sex they are or how to hold a job, but they are experts at figuring out how others think.