1. #1 China Buys 21 Million Bushels of U.S. Corn 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Chinese Hunger for Corn Stretches Farm Belt

China's struggle to meet the growing demands of its middle class is fueling a sudden surge in demand for corn, sending vast ripples across the U.S. farm belt and potentially upending the grain's trade flows around the world.

China's need for corn—which forms the basis of sweeteners, starch and alcohol as well as feed for livestock—was on stark display in July when the nation ordered 21 million bushels of U.S. corn in one hit, more than the U.S. government thought the country would buy in a year. The purchase surprised the market and came as an intense July heat wave was shrinking the potential size of the Midwest crop. ,,,,,,China bought another 2.2 million bushels of U.S. corn early this month...Worth about $ 16,500,000.00....

Worth about $ 157,575,000.00...Or About two Years of Total US Corn Production

....,.Total U.S, corn production for 2010 is estimated at 12.4 billion bushels,

Corn prices, which have nearly doubled over the past year, climbed another 1% Tuesday. The corn futures contract for December delivery at the Chicago Board of Trade rose 7.5 cents to settle at $7.275 a bushel.

China's influence on corn demand underlines how its fast-growing economy is reshaping global commerce. The nation, with its growing population of 1.3 billion people, has been a major player in commodities markets in recent years.

http://professional.wsj.com/article/...ml?mg=reno-wsj

Crap!:mad:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    there goes our ethonal production for the year

Thank GOD
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    there goes our ethonal production for the year

Thank GOD
    Screw the ethanol,what about the popcorn ?:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [B][SIZE="3"]..........Corn prices, which have nearly doubled over the past year, climbed another 1% Tuesday...........
    I had to go look that up.
    July, 2010 - $163.92 per metric ton
    Now - $300.83

Like the man said; nearly doubled.....

Gold:
    July, 2010 - $1266.00
    Now - 1851.00

Up 50%

Now, who'd have figured that more money could be made by buying corn than gold? Not I.