Thread: Google Internet Search Engine Manipulated Specifically Promoting Obamacare

1. #1 Google Internet Search Engine Manipulated Specifically Promoting Obamacare 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Obama Admin Funded Obamacare Internet Propaganda Campaign

In a bombshell accusation, the government watchdog group Judicial Watch announced today that the Obama administration used taxpayer money to help orchestrate an internet search engine manipulation campaign specifically promoting Obamacare
    snip
    Judicial Watch listed the following as major points of interest from the FOIA request (all bullets quoted):

The Obama HHS launched a campaign to track Internet searches and to use online search engines such as Google and Yahoo to drive traffic to a government website promoting Obama’s healthcare overhaul. Using “pay-per-click” advertising tools, such as Google Adwords, HHS purposely targeted for influence people searching the term “Obamacare,” a word that has been described as “disparaging” by political agents of the president.

According to a budget summary prepared by Ogilvy, from October 2010 through February 2011, the Obama administration spent $1,435,009 on these online advertisements alone, including advertising campaigns with Google and Yahoo, almost $300,000 per month.

A number of documents address the need to target the Obamacare propaganda campaign to Hispanics, blacks, and women. For example, according to an email from Chris Beakey, Vice President of Ogilvy PR Worldwide, to HHS officials on December 16, 2010, summarizing a conference call, “You want to utilize the bulk of their paid media efforts (which would include expenditures for Radio One and Univision) on media that reaches African Americans and Hispanics. The money will go farther and these audiences continue to be a top priority.”

A January 18, 2011, email from Ogilvy to HHS New Media Communications Director Julia Eisman notes with respect to a Spanish banner ad campaign, “I realize we really can’t use the blond mom and child for this audience.”

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton believes strongly that the information above amounts to dishonest tactics by the White House, and perhaps even illegal ones.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/repo...anda-campaign/

I'd like to quickly add a few comments.

I know Google comes across a democrat loving, left wing agenda hugging, company. That's true for the most part. However, before accusations fly, it's entirely possible, even probable, that they had nothing to do with the campaign.

It's called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO for short in the industry. I'm sure no one really thinks that Google has a billion mindless drones who read each web page on the internet and rank it according to keywords, like some sort of multi-billion volume Dewey Decimal System.

When it comes to searched keywords, and returned results, human beings have little say in the matter. Google employs a mechanism that searches top level domains (TLDs) for new sites, or by extension modifications to old sites, and then dives into these sites, based on a pre-programmed set of rules to categorize, and sort the information.

The profession of using, or exploiting these rules is the technology business the equivalent of a slick, greasy, used car salesmen. Either your product will be good enough that users will look it up often enough to remain high in a search engine's score, or it will be crap, kept alive by hiring people to tweak your exposed information enough to catch the search engine's eye.

I'm not saying that Google or Yahoo isn't in love with Democrats or Obama, and I'm not saying that this lovefest hasn't led to some sort of less than above board dealings. I'm just saying that this entire Obamacare push could have been orchestrated from the get-go by the publishers of Obamacare without the involvement of these internet giants. It makes much more sense that way, and explains why the search term "Obamacare" leads straight to the Wikipedia article on the Act, which is a landmine loaded with hoarse-shit, instead of the sponsored (i.e. paid for) healthcare.gov site. Healthcare.gov paid to be on top, the wiki article is the most popular link followed.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense