Hybrid View

1. #1 Now go out and buy those Chevy Bolts....er Volts.... 
    ....or Imp-alas or Kadillacs or whatever, even if the warranty is no good...

U.S. will guarantee GM, Chrysler warranties, Obama says
    (snip)

In a bid to boost flagging auto sales, the federal government will pay for any warranty repairs on a General Motors or Chrysler vehicle if either company can't because of financial problems or a bankruptcy filing, President Barack Obama said on Monday.

"Let me say this as plainly as I can. If you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired just like always," Obama said in a speech. "Your warranty will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it has ever been. Because starting today, the United States will stand behind your warranty."

(snip)
    New GM said not responsible to fix Impala made by old GM
    (snip)

The current company, called "New GM," said it did not assume responsibility under the reorganization to fix the Impala problem, but only to make repairs "subject to conditions and limitations" in express written warranties. In essence, the automaker said, Trusky sued the wrong entity.

"New GM's warranty obligations for vehicles sold by Old GM are limited to the express terms and conditions in the Old GM written warranties on a going-forward basis," wrote Benjamin Jeffers, a lawyer for GM. "New GM did not assume responsibility for Old GM's design choices, conduct, or alleged breaches of liability under the warranty."

(snip)
    But in any event........we gotta save Government Motors!

[public_announcement_disclosure]

I admit to having owned a 1938 Oldsmobile 76 sedan, a 1950 Oldsmobile 88 sedan, a 1963 Pontiac Catalina hardtop, a 1963 Pontiac Starchief stationwagon, 1963 Corvair 700 Coupe, a 1968 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe, and a 1970 Corvette Roadster. In 1974 I bought a 1974 Dodge Polara hardtop.

I have been GM and Chrysler free since 1976, and now only buy Ford vehicles.

[/public_announcement_disclosure]

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    and because the Volt is doing so well, they are making a Cadillac verison

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...-cadillac.html

"Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Isn't it comforting that the taxpayers will now be funding the repairs on the Chevy's and Chryslers?

Both companies are probably on the verge of bankruptcy when Obama has to make his announcement, just like the market tumbles whenever Obummer makes his speeches.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    and because the Volt is doing so well, they are making a Cadillac verison
    They had to put the Kadillac label on it because nobody (except made-in-China Government Electric) is buying the Chevy label at the Kadillac price.

Smart, huh?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    They had to put the Kadillac label on it because nobody (except made-in-China Government Electric) is buying the Chevy label at the Kadillac price.

Smart, huh?
    right....i did forget the on that post LOL
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

I was a MOPAR man for over twenty years, when they took the bailout money that stopped. Shortly after the bailout I gave my Dodge truck to my son and bought a Ford F-150. I will NEVER again buy a Dodge, or a Chevy.

Well, I shouldnt say never, I might if they start standing on their own feet and sell a good product at a reasonable price. They will have to stop taking taxpayer money and pay back what they have already taken. I mean pay it back for real, not using "New Math" .
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    The Chevy Volt will be a bigger drag on GM than the Cady diesel back in the 70's. This dog will never be profitable. Government motors does not give a hoot cause it was never intended to make money since the taxpayer is on the hook for this lemon to the tune of 1 billion for R& D.

Now we get a story that really warms you're heart. Ferrari President doesn't believe in electric cars and says Ferrari wont build one.

Ferrari president 'doesn't believe in' electric cars
    By Keith Laing - 08/17/11 11:50 AM ET

For some in Washington, electric cars are all the rage when gas prices spike, but the president of Italian automaker Ferrari is no fan.

In an interview with technology website Engadget, Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo said that his company would not join other companies like Chevrolet and Nissan because he does not believe all-electric cars are all they are often cracked up to be.

"You will never see a Ferrari electric because I don't believe in electric cars, because I don't think they represent an important step forward for pollution or CO2 or the environment," he said.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/transportat...-electric-cars

LMAO I love it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D