1. #1 Bargains. Do you like them? 
    I've been fuming for a couple days about a stupid prescription for a new version of Prilosec/Prevacid for acid indigestion. A new doc prescribed it for me. To be sure I called the mail order pharmacy to check the copay. They said it was zero. The bill said $200. I've been arguing for a couple days about it, but you can't beat the stinking insurance companies. :mad:

But my spirits lifted today. SR had some stuff to mail, so we went to the tiny post office in the Amish area of town. We stopped at Yoder's, my favorite deli and fruit/veggie place. I was thrilled, I tell you, thrilled. :D

They're taking a vacation, so had to get rid of all their stuff. I had been swinging the ban hammer today on the mini-horde of spammers so got a late start. SR is more prompt than I am, but couldn't resist rubbing it in that sometimes the procrastinators win.

EVERYTHING WAS HALF OFF. They're reasonable to begin with, but half off. Yay.

I got about 4 or 5 bags of fruits and veggies (including a dozen jumbo eggs) for a little over $11. I even got 2 kinds of cabbage and will try some of Nova's cabbage suggestions in one of our health threads. We'll be healthy and not quite as broke.

Now if I can just figure out how to save the other $188 that was blown on that prescription. :D

Who else loves, loves, loves a bargain?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I've been fuming for a couple days about a stupid prescription for a new version of Prilosec/Prevacid for acid indigestion. A new doc prescribed it for me. To be sure I called the mail order pharmacy to check the copay. They said it was zero. The bill said $200. I've been arguing for a couple days about it, but you can't beat the stinking insurance companies. :mad:
    Try over the counter Ranitidine or Famitidune from Walmart or Sam's Club.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

My son works on a farm, they have a roadside stand or you can pic your own. We get FREE tomatoes, watermelon, squash, green beans, turnips. Now thats a bargain. :D
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    My son works on a farm, they have a roadside stand or you can pic your own. We get FREE tomatoes, watermelon, squash, green beans, turnips. Now thats a bargain. :D
    Now that beats 1/2 price. :p

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

I love a good bargain and go out of my way to find them. I often combine coupons with sale items.

That is awesome that your favorite store was having a sale...on top of the fact you can find some of the best stuff in an Amish store!

Tell me more about this medication? Can you get it over the counter? I know of many drugs that people have an Rx for, yet it can be purchased off the shelf. May I ask the name of the drug?

I stayed up until 2 AM the other night to save about $300 (and sales tax) on a new laptop that I was giving to my sister for an early Christmas gift. All the computers have died in her house and she needed a laptop when she starts to travel to Grand Island, NE for college...she's 40, works full time, has kids, and is going to school to be an RN... Now I have to find a deal on a Keurig coffee maker online for my brother in law, it will be his birthday and Christmas gift.

I might have to turn in my man card, but I love to shop!

Banned
    I like to shop for bargains on the Internet doing comparative pricing. Bought a rotisserie cooker last night. However, mall shopping is just not my thing. By the time I go to use a coupon, the damn thing has expired.

Banned
    I love a great bargin and always clip coupons and try to save as much as I can:D

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I love a good bargain and go out of my way to find them. I often combine coupons with sale items.

That is awesome that your favorite store was having a sale...on top of the fact you can find some of the best stuff in an Amish store!

Tell me more about this medication? Can you get it over the counter? I know of many drugs that people have an Rx for, yet it can be purchased off the shelf. May I ask the name of the drug?

I stayed up until 2 AM the other night to save about $300 (and sales tax) on a new laptop that I was giving to my sister for an early Christmas gift. All the computers have died in her house and she needed a laptop when she starts to travel to Grand Island, NE for college...she's 40, works full time, has kids, and is going to school to be an RN... Now I have to find a deal on a Keurig coffee maker online for my brother in law, it will be his birthday and Christmas gift.

I might have to turn in my man card, but I love to shop!
    The medication is Dexilant 60 mg. The gastroenterologist said that it is different, stronger when you take it, then sort of has a rebound in strength later in the day to help that acid reflux. I don't believe there's a generic yet, why they're charging so much now. I'm just angry that the mail order pharmacy got it wrong and said it was a zero copay when in actuality it was a $200 copay.

I still have my supply of the generic of Prilosec extended release. I think the Dexiland is helping more, but not sure if it's $200 more.

We got a great deal today at Office Depot on an HP printer/copier/scanner/fax. The prices on those combo machines have come down tremendously. The color printing quality is excellent and amazed at the features. Comparing to previous prices the $149 would have been a bargain, but got it for $64.95. SR installed it tonight, why he wasn't on the board much.

"