Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If we're going to spend the money to send the PETA-type assholes into space, why Mars? There might be something useful there. We should send them in the other direction...

From the mods: "Where is my pony?" comments are inflammatory and considered group attacks on DU"

Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool.- Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I think that sending Vegans , Petans, and all political-vegetarians to Mars is an excellent idea. Let's start immediately. Oh, and let's include the Muslims and illegal aliens as well.
    You have a good point, but I suggest that they be sent further. A colony ship would take several decades to reach Alpha Centauri, which would give the Vegans time to convert to Islam or the Muslims time to throw themselves out of the airlocks after listening to the Vegans's incessant blather. Either way, it's a win, and while there may not be any habitable planets orbiting Alpha Centauri for them to colonize, I'm willing to take the risk. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by the director View Post
    Don't get me started on PETA ... I've done a lot of personal research into their organization and they share a lot of similarities with extremist organizations. It pisses me off that they are still allowed to operate in the USA, as they are basically a political cover for ALF and ELF.
    What are ALF and ELF?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    What are ALF and ELF?
    and ?

Seriously, though, Animal Liberation Front and Earth Liberation Front. Two radical environmental terror groups.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

What are ALF and ELF?
    The Earth Liberation Front (ELF) and Animal Liberation Front (ALF) are rabid, violent ecoterrorist groups. They're the sort of people who believe that eating meat, wearing fur, and going to the zoo or circus are horrible, pure- evil abominations, yet simultaneously believe that bombing SUV dealerships, torching construction sites or logging camps with workers still there, and sending death threats to the spouses and children of anyone who works in animal testing or has business dealings with any company that does so are all wonderful, heroic actions to be greatly encouraged.

ANIMAL liberation front?

Really?:eek:

ANIMAL liberation front?

Really?:eek:
    And PETA is their political front. Read their FAQ - they allude to the fact they support the ALF.

And PETA is their political front. Read their FAQ - they allude to the fact they support the ALF.
    Years ago, someone tried to sell the line that Sinn Fein was the political wing of the IRA, and that we could talk to them without dealing with terrorists. I pointed out that this meant that the IRA was the terrorist wing of Sinn Fein, and that therefore we couldn't. It's the same thing here. ALF is the terrorist wing of PETA.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Years ago, someone tried to sell the line that Sinn Fein was the political wing of the IRA, and that we could talk to them without dealing with terrorists. I pointed out that this meant that the IRA was the terrorist wing of Sinn Fein, and that therefore we couldn't. It's the same thing here. ALF is the terrorist wing of PETA.
    I agree with that. Although, from what I've read, the top PETA officials are attention seeking morons who don't actually believe in the crap that their organization spews, while ALF are the "true believers." Plus PETA kills a lot of the animals that they "save", so I suspect many in ALF probably don't like PETA.

I agree with that. Although, from what I've read, the top PETA officials are attention seeking morons who don't actually believe in the crap that their organization spews, while ALF are the "true believers." Plus PETA kills a lot of the animals that they "save", so I suspect many in ALF probably don't like PETA.
    It's unlikely that the ALF clowns care much about animals, either. Humans are mammals, and they're perfectly happy mowing us down. These guys are violent loons, and I suspect that as long as they get to blow things up and preen about how morally superior they are, nothing else matters.
    --Odysseus