1. #1 EPA killing jobs 
    Obama's slaying jobs through Lib EPA

Obama's EPA is Killing More Jobs than Economy Can Create

8/19/2011 | Email Floyd and Mary Beth Brown | Columnist's Archive

Obama says he will get focused on the jobs problem just as soon as he returns from his August vacation in Martha's Vineyard. Like the more famous Hamptons, the Vineyard is a playground of the rich and famous out to find some summer enjoyment on the Atlantic shore. Just before leaving, Obama articulated his number one goal is to grow the economy.

But while Obama is playing jetsetter, back in Washington a crucial regulatory agency, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), has been captured by a group of extremists who actually believe the USA would be better off with a smaller economy.

In some of the economy's most hopeful corners, these bureaucrats are wielding all of the levers of regulatory authority in their arsenal to kill growth. Just as the "green shoots" of recovery sprout, they come along with a can of herbicidal regulations and kill the sprout. As long as Obama leaves these extremists in charge of the agency, the economy is unlikely to recover and will suffer.

Having a reliable national electrical infrastructure is vital to new job creation.
    Yet new EPA regulations will significantly reduce the amount of electricity generated from coal-fired energy flowing from our power grid. The EPA told the public that the agency was working with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to determine the impact of its regulations on the reliability of the nation's electricity capacity. This was to include a joint modeling effort.

However, responses from FERC Commissioners to an inquiry from Congress regarding the degree of agency coordination on the impact of the agency's new rules clearly shows the EPA statements were not truthful. Correspondence from the FERC chairman and commissioners revealed the commission is not working on a formal assessment of the impact of the EPA regulations on the ability of our power grid to reliably deliver electricity to the nation's homes and businesses.

"The EPA's deception of the public is outrageous and it exposes the agency's underlying zeal to regulate without regard to the consequences of its actions. EPA's actions may very well put the reliability of our electricity supply in jeopardy," said Tom Borelli, Ph.D., director of the National Center for Public Policy Research's Free Enterprise Project.

These job killing EPA regulations are part of a wider program to "curb man made climate change" or global warming. But the science behind this believed threat to the planet's existence keeps melting away under scrutiny.

snip--Go to next page to see the truth about the polar bears.

http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Some of the EPA rules during the GWB years really put the hurt on small businesses also.

Especially automotive repair shops, dry cleaners, etc. You know, the mom & pop type stores that was all love because everyone knows our name, etc.

Paint used in auto body shops must now be water based & can be a nightmare for a painter...in the past you had your choice of solvents depending on the necessary drying conditions...(ie: humidity, small jobs vs. big, etc)

It just forces more legit tax paying business owners to close, while others operate unlawfully. It's hard to compete with those that have a different rule book.

My dream of trying to open my own independent collision repair shop in Nevada is toast. I had two or three in IL with partners and solo a few years ago....it sucks...I simply love to take a dented up fender and make it look brand new again..I was published in trade publications & know as "one of the best around." With my current health issues, my only chance t do it again is to be self employed, as I need a little schedule fexibility. One car I worked on is now in Jay Leno's garage.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 08-22-2011 at 04:54 PM.