1. #1 DU this pole- Which Candidate would you rather Drink With? 
    Corey_Baker04 (729 posts) Sun Sep-07-08 06:49 PM
    Original message
    DU this pole- Which Candidate would you rather Drink With?
    Advertisements [?]OMG John McCain is actually winning.....

http://www.whiotv.com/surveyresults/17403542/index.html...
    Don't care so much about the poll, but the subject line cracked me up. Freudian slip?

Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post
    Don't care so much about the poll, but the subject line cracked me up. Freudian slip?
    So what is being said here. Who has more alcoholic supporters Obama or McCain?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Well, I suspect McCain would be more the kind of guy to sit around the backyard and enjoy a few beers. Palin, absolutely. Crack open a case of Sam Adams or MGD, relax around the grill and talk about anything but politics. I can see it.

Obama is the type who'd bring an expensive bottle of wine to a backyard barbecue and would then be vaguely disturbed that you don't have imported wine glasses to drink it from. He'd ramble on about "meaningful social issues" without any concept that the rest of the guests just want to talk about college football.

Come to think of it, the DUmmies like to fancy themselves as being cultured and effete, so Obama would appeal to those sensibilities. Unfortunately for them, that's way out of tune with middle America.

John McCain. I'd love to drink a beer with him and listen to his war stories. That would be inspiring.

How could I possibly sit down with Obama? He hates white people and all he'd do is either talk about himself or complain about Michelle. That would be depressing.

John McCain: Sipping brandy after a late supper - getting his perspective of what it was like watching his shipmates rolling bombs off the deck off his flaming carrier in the summer of 67’.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

i bet obama could get down with some grilling and beer. really.

Which pole?

The North Pole..

Telephone pole?

Flag pole?

uh-huh-huh-uh.

Pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiebug View Post

Obama is the type who'd bring an expensive bottle of wine to a backyard barbecue and would then be vaguely disturbed that you don't have imported wine glasses to drink it from. He'd ramble on about "meaningful social issues" without any concept that the rest of the guests just want to talk about college football.

Come to think of it, the DUmmies like to fancy themselves as being cultured and effete, so Obama would appeal to those sensibilities. Unfortunately for them, that's way out of tune with middle America.
    Are you talking about a CUer?

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I pick Obama. We could get drunk, get in a fight, then get Cryin' About Our Daddys Drunk and become buddies, then go out and get a Camel Rider and Fries and pass out in the car in the parking of the restaurant. I mean, that's the way it probably would happen.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!