Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I eat about one good meal a day. I work with graziers that eat junk food all day long at work and then get pissed off when their health care provider suggests that if they lost weight they would have less back problems. Most of these are young girls under 30...in another 10 years they will be huge...

I avoid the junk food, and althoiugh I don't eat the perfect diet, I think twice about what I'm going to eat...those on my facebook page might notice when I do eat, I eat well...lol

I had egg beaters this morning with a little salt & pepper, that was hours ago....

Last year I had to struggle with the seat belt on an airplane...this year I noticed it was easy to snap and even had to tighten it....I have no ass...mostly gut...and it takes soooooooo long to get rid of it, I am making sure I don't gain any of it back and trying to keep the reduction going...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Wish me luck, I need it!:D

They are both so similar..but I am going to allow myself to eat a fruit if I have a bad sugar craving...Atkins doesn't allow that..but SB does.

Yesterday when I got home from work, I had starch cravings...so I made a elbow pasta with peas...really fast and simple to make...but afterwards:( OMG...horrible indigestion, up for hours unable to sleep, my tummy was bloated..I wanted to puke,,but didn't.

I decided I need to get those starchy carbs out of my life..and I need to lose weight.

Goodbye sweets, bagels, pasta, bread...etc....Only carbs will be vegetables and salads...and occasional fruit. Oy vey!
    Good luck with it, know you will do well.

My doc is extreme. He told me no fruit on South Beach til I reach my goal weight. I went along with it for a couple months, but finally cracked. I'm in phase 2 now, so added a few blueberries and raspberries.

There is a pasta called Dreamfields (think that's right) that I get at Publix. It supposedly has less starch and was specifically mentioned on a little sheet of paper that my internist gave me. Tonight we had their version of macaroni with tons of veggies. I'm cutting down on the amount of olive oil used, too. I know it's allowed but think we shouldn't be quite so liberal with it.

After too long on phase 1, I've lost my taste for sweets. SR had a small pie for his birthday pie and I didn't eat a bite.

I'm getting discouraged as have lost about 20 pounds since April, but it's slowing down. My knee is hurting me so bad now that I'm having a tough time walking. Using a Pilates ring for exercise doesn't exactly give me the cardio I need. I guess that at this point that I should be happy to just maintain til my knee is fixed and I can start walking with SR again.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I'm sticking with the see food diet.:)
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Hawk, my wife and I are finishing phase one... Now we are allowed some complex carbs. You wont believe how much you learn to like whole grain spaghetti. :D

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Hawk, my wife and I are finishing phase one... Now we are allowed some complex carbs. You wont believe how much you learn to like whole grain spaghetti. :D
    thats the only type of pasta we get really. it's gotten a WHOLE lot better than it was 10-15 years ago
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Fabulous Poster

They are both so similar..but I am going to allow myself to eat a fruit if I have a bad sugar craving...Atkins doesn't allow that..but SB does.

Yesterday when I got home from work, I had starch cravings...so I made a elbow pasta with peas...really fast and simple to make...but afterwards:( OMG...horrible indigestion, up for hours unable to sleep, my tummy was bloated..I wanted to puke,,but didn't.

I decided I need to get those starchy carbs out of my life..and I need to lose weight.

Goodbye sweets, bagels, pasta, bread...etc....Only carbs will be vegetables and salads...and occasional fruit. Oy vey!

Most of all, what ever kind of diet you choose (other than Optifast) , keep a food diary of everything you eat meticulously measured and weigh yourself daily. Women have a particularly difficult time of losing weight because their bodies are designed to conserve rather than to burn and their calorie requirements are lower to start with.

Also, have a supervisor. Call your best friend or mother each day and report your weight. You can kid yourself, you can't kid your supervisor.

Got a bicycle?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

My doc is extreme. He told me no fruit on South Beach til I reach my goal weight. I went along with it for a couple months, but finally cracked. I'm in phase 2 now, so added a few blueberries and raspberries.

There is a pasta called Dreamfields (think that's right) that I get at Publix. It supposedly has less starch and was specifically mentioned on a little sheet of paper that my internist gave me. Tonight we had their version of macaroni with tons of veggies. I'm cutting down on the amount of olive oil used, too. I know it's allowed but think we shouldn't be quite so liberal with it.

After too long on phase 1, I've lost my taste for sweets. SR had a small pie for his birthday pie and I didn't eat a bite.

I'm getting discouraged as have lost about 20 pounds since April, but it's slowing down. My knee is hurting me so bad now that I'm having a tough time walking. Using a Pilates ring for exercise doesn't exactly give me the cardio I need. I guess that at this point that I should be happy to just maintain til my knee is fixed and I can start walking with SR again.
    In the organic vegetable section at Publix is a "pasta" which has almost no calories, no carbs, and not much of anything.

The big Cheese

http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...iet-for-women/

anibolic diet is a better choice.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

Do you have access to a bike (either riding or stationary) or a pool? The bike is good because it keeps your knee from taking the stress because most of your weight will be taken care of by the seat. Swimming will help your knee in general, because it puts no stress on it. Both are good cardio exercise.

I have bad knees, too, I can relate. I watch the people use those elipticals, and just know those instruments of torture would destroy my knees.

I broke my size 20 plateau by adding biking and weights to my daily swim (35-40 minutes), on weekends (2-3 days a week). I ride for 10 minutes, then do 20 abdominal crunches and 25 back stretches. I decided to add a new weight thing every month, so I added the upper arm pulls this month and do about 10 of those. My newest pair of pants is an 18, and my latest dress is a 1X, so it's working. I plan to add 5 more minutes on the bike by Thanksgiving, along with adding a new weight exercise each month. My 30 year class reunion is September 2012 and I want to be as close to my goal as possible. I am currently smaller than when I graduated from WMU, and if I'm a 16 next year, I will only be one size more than when I graduated from high school. A 14 means regular women's sizes. I'm 5'10", I'll be happy with a 14. I'll probably always be a plus size in shirts, as the girls have not lost any size, but have actually gained one cup size since I started exercising. Most people I know in Detroit have never seen me thin, since I didn't grow up here.

But I'm not dieting. No South Beach, no Adkins, no Weight Watchers. Ice cream is good, I make my own brownies or cookies, which means no preservatives and chemicals to add to the calories. I eat restaurant food pretty much every working day, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...iet-for-women/

anibolic diet is a better choice.....

I like the idea of "carb cycling"...it's not as restrictive of main food groups...which is a good thing. I may switch to this method after a few weeks on SB....and see if there is a difference.

Thanks for the link!

Know where I can get a sample meal plan?

Edit: I found one..http://www.3fatchicks.com/free-sampl...anabolic-diet/
    Is one supposed to eat 5 meals a day??
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 08-23-2011 at 05:30 PM.