1. #1 Any Retirement Changes Won't Affect Serving Military 
    Any Retirement Changes Won't Affect Serving Military
    In his clearest statement on the subject to date, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said today that if the military retirement system changes, it will not affect serving service members.

"I will not break faith," the secretary said during a roundtable meeting with military media representatives in the Pentagon. ""People who have come into the service, who have put their lives on the line, who have been deployed to the war zones, who fought for this country, who have been promised certain benefits for that -- I'm not going to break faith with what's been promised to them," Panetta said.

Panetta's predecessor, Robert M. Gates, asked the Defense Business Board to look at the military retirement system and make recommendations. The final report is due later this month.

View the entire story here.
    http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123268902

Ok, Panetta is in my cool book.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I'm happy to hear this.

Banned
    I hope he is right. However, talk is cheap and big cuts are coming to the military. Democrats are famous for them.