1. #1 Can we trust FactCheck? If so, are the Dems pushing lies too? 
    I wonder if they will believe that they're wrong? naaaahhhhhh
    napi21 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-08-08 10:58 PM
    Original message
    Can we trust FactCheck? If so, are the Dems pushing lies too?

Palin did not cut funding for special needs education in Alaska by 62 percent. She didn’t cut it at all. In fact, she tripled per-pupil funding over just three years.
    She did not demand that books be banned from the Wasilla library. Some of the books on a widely circulated list were not even in print at the time. The librarian has said Palin asked a "What if?" question, but the librarian continued in her job through most of Palin's first term.

She was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, a group that wants Alaskans to vote on whether they wish to secede from the United States. She’s been registered as a Republican since May 1982.

Palin never endorsed or supported Pat Buchanan for president. She once wore a Buchanan button as a "courtesty" when he visited Wasilla, but shortly afterward she was appointed to co-chair of the campaign of Steve Forbes in the state.

Palin has not pushed for teaching creationism in Alaska's schools. She has said that students should be allowed to "debate both sides" of the evolution question, but she also said creationism "doesn't have to be part of the curriculum."

WWW.gactcheck.org

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I wonder if they will believe that they're wrong? naaaahhhhhh
    I suspect napi21 is not long for DU. First he/she will be accused of being a concern troll and then TS! That was to much reaility to force on DU in a single post.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

ihavenobias (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-08-08 11:23 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    6. To be fair
    see my other post above with regard to the book banning and AID.

Just because she didn't specifically ban books or register with the party doesn't mean we should let these issues die
    This reminds me so much of the "the papers may have been faked but they represented the truth" line that DU put forth in order to find some type of silverlining in Dan Rather's black cloud.

Translation: "The fact that she banned books is a lie doesn't mean we can't keep spreading the lie."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

What a hilarious thread! Because FactCheck doesn't support the current DUmmy gossip, they've decided that it has been taken over by the VRWC. :D

Now Newsweek let them down! (Wait till they see the WaPo about her lowering expenses as Governor)

Paint It Black (1000+ posts) Tue Sep-09-08 12:06 PM
    Original message
    F**K YOU, Newsweek! Shame on you for spreading rethug lies and propaganda

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157986

It's hard to tell if this is Newsweek or Rush Limbaugh's weekly newsletter.

<snip>
    Palin did not cut funding for special needs education in Alaska by 62 percent. She didn't cut it at all. In fact, she tripled per-pupil funding over just three years.

She did not demand that books be banned from the Wasilla library. Some of the books on a widely circulated list were not even in print at the time. The librarian has said Palin asked a "What if?" question, but the librarian continued in her job through most of Palin's first term.

She was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, a group that wants Alaskans to vote on whether they wish to secede from the United States. She's been registered as a Republican since May 1982.
    <snip>

F**k you, Newsweek. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.
    Don't mess with our LIES!!!

Paint It Black (1000+ posts) Tue Sep-09-08 12:06 PM
    Original message
    F**K YOU, Newsweek! Shame on you for spreading rethug lies and propaganda
    DUmp monkeys shift more often than the wind.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana