Thread: Texans

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Are you saying Texans are stereotypical?

Beautiful horse, Speedy!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You make a lovely couple. How was the bridle suite? :D

I lived in Texas for four years, and they are the nicest people that I've ever met. I'm from NYC, and have lived in California and now am assigned to DC, and my take is that Californians are the nastiest, New Yorkers are friendly but very blunt, and Texans are friendly and polite. I've only been in DC for a couple of weeks, but I will say that the drivers here are pretty rude.
    We're in agreement. I lived in San Antonio, Texas for 7 years and absolutely loved it. There's a reason so many military personnel retire there.

The people were very nice and friendly (other than calling anyone north of San Antonio, including Dallas, a damned Yankee). I only returned to St. Louis because my dad died and my mother needed assistance.

As far as NJ, I have to be careful. You know who is from NJ. :p
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Beautiful horse, Speedy!
    Broke her myself. She is a fun ride and very spirited. Every time I get in the saddle she will rear and crow hop a couple of times. She is a throughbred and loves to run.

Banned
    She won a couple of our battles. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCGVLSOJSw8

Banned
    I am not saying ALL Texans I am saying the FEW that I have run into in the last few days.
    I do not usually judge people nor do I think I should.
    But when you are made promises by certain ones and they break them over and over again you start to feel burned and frustrated.
    I am just really stressed out we have been trying to get our stores final touches and it was promised that the work was going to be finished by this Monday so we could be opened up by the 31st of August and have all of our flyers out plus ads in the local papers plus a huge sign printed up for that date.
    But the kick in the ass is from the brothers (from Texas) has been nothing but rude and down right hateful to my friends and I about things and they have our hands tied that is why I posted.
    For the most part I also have found Texans to be sweet generous folks. I honestly did not mean to offend anyone that is from Texas if it came out that way I am very sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Broke her myself. She is a fun ride and very spirited. Every time I get in the saddle she will rear and crow hop a couple of times. She is a throughbred and loves to run.

What does a "breaking" a horse mean?:o

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    What does a "breaking" a horse mean?:o
    Basically taming them. Teaching them ground manners and making them rideable.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noworries View Post
    I am not saying ALL Texans I am saying the FEW that I have run into in the last few days.
    I do not usually judge people nor do I think I should.
    But when you are made promises by certain ones and they break them over and over again you start to feel burned and frustrated.
    I am just really stressed out we have been trying to get our stores final touches and it was promised that the work was going to be finished by this Monday so we could be opened up by the 31st of August and have all of our flyers out plus ads in the local papers plus a huge sign printed up for that date.
    But the kick in the ass is from the brothers (from Texas) has been nothing but rude and down right hateful to my friends and I about things and they have our hands tied that is why I posted.
    For the most part I also have found Texans to be sweet generous folks. I honestly did not mean to offend anyone that is from Texas if it came out that way I am very sorry
    That's strike one .Be careful to avoid generalizations about people,..We're all different
    and some are prouder of their heritage than others...After all what's a Low Down,
    Harvard Educated, K School Graduate,Horse Stealing,Legal Eagle, East Coast,Scum Sucking,
    New York Type, Yankee have to be proud of..?

Our Congress is full of them Slick and Slippery Critters and look at what they have Accomplished,..
    .....America in Ruins..

As an Example Of Harvard Grads in Congress , I Give You...Gay Barney,The Past Vast Teddy,
    Clown Frankin,'Chuck The Schmuck' Schumer,Fat Red Carl Levin,Nasty Al Grayson and a
    bunch of them other evil critters..

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    After all what's a Low Down, Harvard Educated, K School Graduate,Horse Stealing,Legal Eagle, East Coast,Scum Sucking, New York Type, Yankee have to be proud of..?
    The second best record in baseball. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The second best record in baseball. :D
    Seconds don't count in Baseball ..The New York Yankees are a whole nother topic..

They only got their start by absconding a great Pitcher/Batter from Boston..
    The foundation for the House That Ruth Built on the backs of Boston Red Sox..

The Owner of the Boston Red Sox (1916–1923),Harry Frazee ,Lacked Funds to Finance
    a New Play called 'No, No Nanette' so he sold Babe Ruth To New York Yankee owners
    Jacob Ruppert and Cap Huston in an all-cash deal of over --$100,000..

"The Curse of the Bambino"
    The Boston Red Sox won four World Series in the eight years Babe Ruth played on the team.
    In 1920 they sold Ruth to the New York Yankees for $125,000 and a $300,000 loan because
    Boston's owner Harry Frazee needed cash to invest in a new play on Broadway....
    ...Ruth single handedly out homered the entire Boston team in 10 of the next 12 seasons.
    ....After selling Ruth, Boston has not won a single World Series Title.