Thread: College Update: Conservatism Lives!

1. #1 College Update: Conservatism Lives! 
    Just wanted to update everyone on the current state of College affairs from a personal perspective:

I attend Penn State University at the Junior Level, majoring in Public Policy with a minor in History before I go on to Graduate school. That being said, I attended my first major classes today in Constitutional Law 471.

The Professor? Personally, 1 of the 2 registered Republicans on staff. Personal friend and correspondant of Scalia and Thomas. He initially told the class his political views to be fair, and afterward let the class dictate things.

Personal Observation? We vistied the Scheckter Poultry case, most everyone knew how bad FDR tried to corrupt the Court. Obamacare? Nearly every student in the class argued the fact that it's UnConstitutional, with less than 3 saying it is, out of 35 students. Very encouraging!

Political affiliation? Almost half claimed Independent, over a dozen Democrat, only 5 of us Republican. That being said, even the registered DEMS overwhelmingly though Obummercare was Un-Constitutional. I think that's progress.

Coming from Generation Y, I'm pretty encouraged by what I've seen. :D What do you think?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Very good news, thank you!:)
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    It's on small school campuses too...I've had at lest 3 teachers who are at lest right leaning, if not straight out conservative. (One is a Political Science teacher :D)
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

New Update:

American Studies 401: Colonial America and The Revolution was a liberals paradise. Professor mentioned the 3/5 compromise incorrectly, insinuated that the Founders were mostly elite slaveholders, etc.

This should be fun. :D

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    New Update:

American Studies 401: Colonial America and The Revolution was a liberals paradise. Professor mentioned the 3/5 compromise incorrectly, insinuated that the Founders were mostly elite slaveholders, etc.

Be sure to ask him - with a straight face - if it is true that The Founders actually invented slavery....

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    New Update:

just wait, he'll make the claim that we committed biologic warfare against the "Native American's" by disrupting blankets of small pox victims

OH, and George Washington purposely wiped out Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) and that we got our form of Government from them and not the Greeks/Romans
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

American Studies was held again today.

The woman actually called out the Paxton Rebellion as the racist attack that it was, which is encouraging. Pretty confused on early Calvinists and Puritans, but to be fair her dissertation was on the Quakers.

Newest Update:

Tonight was my final new class: Public Administration. Professor was a Russian immigrant working on her P.H.D. Very knowldgeable on the field, underlying bias slightly detected in her insistance on the Collective over the Individual. While she had very little positive to say about the Soviet Union, she assigned Hardin's Tragedy of The Commons as the first reading assignment.

Positive note: I'm noticing heavy Veteran saturation in most of my political classes. Thank God the GI Bill exists. :D