Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    What's so great about it?

    While we're at it, what was so great about the moon landing? How, exactly, did it benefit us? Don't give me the touchy - feely, liberal "It made us feel good" answer.
    The enhancements in technology due to the development of lunar travel advanced just about every major engineering industry from computers to propulsion to aerodynamics to climate control technology to to communications industry to ... well just about everything. The technology that the moon program gave us and the stuff that was later developed from it has more than paid for the cost of the program itself, in my opinion.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The enhancements in technology due to the development of lunar travel advanced just about every major engineering industry from computers to propulsion to aerodynamics to climate control technology to to communications industry to ... well just about everything. The technology that the moon program gave us and the stuff that was later developed from it has more than paid for the cost of the program itself, in my opinion.

    Every time we do something together of this magnitude the results always improve technology .
    Unfortunately most often it happens to be warfare but the moon mission was different.The computer on the LEM (Lunar Excursion Module ) failed at landing due to a faulty power switch but they were able to fix it on the spot.The technology of that computer was an MIT hybrid design that didn't even match what most people have in their home PC'S today.

    Even today's AEGIS missile defence systems on board our latest DDG or CG's are using old technology and primitive non windows operating system software yet it was able to destroy a dead satellite at 133 miles
    (nautical miles = 6000ft=1 mile) over the pacific ocean .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RH5mtp0mjE&NR=1

    A single modified tactical Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) launches from the U.S. Navy AEGIS cruiser USS Lake Erie (CG 70), successfully impacting a non-functioning National Reconnaissance Office satellite approximately 247 kilometers (133 nautical miles) over the Pacific Ocean, as it traveled in space at more than 17,000 mph. President George W. Bush decided to bring down the satellite because of the likelihood that the satellite could release hydrazine fuel upon impact, possibly in populated areas.

    Our Main ABM system with the SBX radar The radar is described by Lt. Gen Trey Obering (director of MDA) as being able to track an object the size of a baseball over San Francisco in California from the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia, approximately 2,900 miles (4,700 km). The radar will guide land-based missiles from Alaska and California, as well as in-theatre assets.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    Senior Member Dan D. Doty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pevely, Missouri
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    What's so great about it?

    While we're at it, what was so great about the moon landing? How, exactly, did it benefit us? Don't give me the touchy - feely, liberal "It made us feel good" answer.
    Mirco Blackholes will be a new power source that will one day give us unlimited free energy; as fore the Moon landing it was our first into the reaches of the Universe. Man is an inventor and explorer, forever moving ahead.

    MBH will become one the main power system space ships ( maybe even star ships). One day you tell people you were there when everything changed.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.


    Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Mirco Blackholes will be a new power source that will one day give us unlimited free energy; as fore the Moon landing it was our first into the reaches of the Universe. Man is an inventor and explorer, forever moving ahead.

    MBH will become one the main power system space ships ( maybe even star ships). One day you tell people you were there when everything changed.
    The problem with the Micro black hole theory is they haven't sufficient mass to even exist.Black holes are the results of enormous gravitational fields that need stupendous amounts of collapsed mass to generate .

    Collapsed stellar mass is a sort of 'nuclear soup' of matter with crushed atoms all jammed together without orbiting electrons .The resulting density creates gravitational waves that draw all matter and even bend photons of light into orbit around them .

    There is no known shielding from Gravity so anything in the vicinity would be drawn inward and torn apart by the tidal forces.Black holes are a sort of mid Galactic Stellar drain hole where excess stellar matter spirals into and stays crushed into packed matter at the singularity .These gravity monsters and the tides that they create are what cause the galaxies to rotate .

    Think of a blanket held by the corners and streatched between four strong men with a bowling ball in the center and what happens when you spin an eight ball around the blankets surface !
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-13-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45  
    Senior Member Dan D. Doty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pevely, Missouri
    Posts
    3,118
    June 17th, the count down is on.

    Will we be here tomorrow, or Friday? I think so.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.


    Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •