Thread: How does high school produce dumbed-down people? Easy: Republican censorship...

1. #1 How does high school produce dumbed-down people? Easy: Republican censorship... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Dear God...

Sarah Ibarruri (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-23-11 12:15 PM
    Original message

How does high school produce dumbed-down people? Easy: Republican censorship of textbooks

By doing this, they guarantee populations of truly ignorant people that will vote Repuke all the way. These people vote in ways that jeopardize even their own health. This has been going on since Reagan.

'AUSTIN, Tex. — After three days of turbulent meetings, the Texas Board of Education on Friday approved a social studies curriculum that will put a conservative stamp on history and economics textbooks, stressing the superiority of American capitalism, questioning the Founding Fathers’ commitment to a purely secular government and presenting Republican political philosophies in a more positive light....'

SEE REST OF ARTICLE AT: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/education/13texas.htm...

The Gablers of Texas, strengthened the Repuke strangelhold on history textbook censorship.

http://atheism.about.com/b/2007/08/03/norma-gabler-text...

Another "Gem" from Sarah.

JHC, when I was in college the staff was crawling with Libtards. I cringe when I think back to my old profs...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Although it was ancient times (late 70s, early 80s), my high school history teachers were a mixed bunch. I can only guess as to what most of their political leanings were, though. I remember the fun ones vs the boring ones. The most fun was the teacher who taught the european history class I took because we got to re-enact the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinad. She was probably gay and probably a liberal, but she loved to teach history. Her favorite person in the era the class focused on was Otto von Bismark, and the fact that I remember that is testament to her excellent teaching skills. I don't even remember there being a textbook for the class, I remember Ms B's lessons.

My government teacher was a liberal who acknowledged her bias and made sure that we had conservative speakers to present their side of touchy issues. She really liked and respected Barry Goldwater, though, like a lot of us liberals did/still do.

My US history class had two teachers and about 55 students. Both teachers were boring, as was the textbook. I don't think they had any political bias either way, they were too boring for that. Easy A for me, though.

I know of two history teachers I had who were conservatives-my 5th grade teacher, who had escaped under the iron curtain from Hungary and had been imprisoned by both the NKVD/KGB and by the Nazis, so he was pretty pro-America. A college prof I had taught the Vietnam War class I took and he was definitely conservative. He loathed LBJ.

My Econ professor and my Military History professors. GAWD, they were awesome. Both conservative. The former a twitchy old guy who worshiped Freidman and Hayek and called every guy "Chief". The latter, a true Southern Gentleman and former Army Officer who looked like Tom Bosley's chunky younger brother and called me "Miss----------", and brought Krispy Kreme to class.

I still have notes from both their classes.Good times, good times. :p
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.