1. #1 Martin Luther King Memorial Made in China 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    It is perhaps a fitting tribute to racial co-operation. However, the decision to outsource to China the carving of a new national memorial to Martin Luther King has raised eyebrows in the United States.

The 30ft-tall statue, which forms the centrepiece of a $120 million (73 million), four-acre memorial to Dr King, opened to the public on Monday on the National Mall in Washington. It is the only memorial on the Mall that does not honour a president or fallen soldiers.

Standing in the shadow of the Washington Monument, the statue shows Dr King emerging from a mountain of Chinese granite with his arms crossed and is called The Stone of Hope.

However, there has been controversy over the choice of Lei Yixin, a 57-year-old master sculptor from Changsha in Hunan province, to carry out the work. Critics have openly asked why a black, or at least an American, artist was not chosen and even remarked that Dr King appears slightly Asian in Mr Lei's rendering.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-in-China.html

Personally, I think it's kind of ugly. I've been to the MLK museum in Atlanta, which is awesome and includes Ebenezeer Baptist Church on the site.

I think there is only one place suitable for such a large statue of MLK-Stone Mountain, GA, right next to the confederate memorial.

even remarked that Dr King appears slightly Asian in Mr Lei's rendering.
    Actually, he looks pissed off.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    Actually, he looks pissed off.
    Well I can't blame him considering just what todays so called black leadership has done with his legacy. If MLK was alive today he would be pissed at what's going on.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Why would someone have to be black to do it? I thought King was all about equality. I'd bet he wouldn't have cared who did it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.