Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    This really isn't all that meaningful. IN reading the article, the term "welfare" is being applied to a broad range of benefits. I would imagine that there are many Americans whose only benefit is a child or children on free or reduced lunch in school who do not consider themselves to be on welfare. By the same token, there are probably a lot of seniors who are getting some benefit that some would consider welfare.

One specious jump is that a benefit utilized by a child equates to his parent being on welfare. If this is the case, then there are a number of senior citizens and others who have gotten custody of related or unrelated children who would themselves be considered to be on welfare, even though they live in a paid for $300,000 house and drive a new car.

Surveys like this measure many things, truth and accuracy aren't at the top.
    Queerdom and being a liberal must really screw up your brain when you post stupid shit like this.

Well, everyone in Michigan who has been on the former ADC program for over 48 months (4 years) is getting cut off effective October 1. I hope that the vast majority are able to find employment.

This doesn't apply to the physically handicapped who receive SSI for their condition, if they also have children.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    KS needs to be subjected to a few years in Venezuela, Cuba or some other Marxist hellhole so that he can gain a better appreciation for America. In fact, most leftists would benefit from a protrated stay in the countries that they profess to admire, but would never actually live in.

Yeah, it's amazing that those who have actually lived under that type of system nearly ALWAYS are the most staunch promoters of Capitalism and Free Enterprise.

I wonder why that would be?????
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

This really isn't all that meaningful. IN reading the article, the term "welfare" is being applied to a broad range of benefits. I would imagine that there are many Americans whose only benefit is a child or children on free or reduced lunch in school who do not consider themselves to be on welfare. By the same token, there are probably a lot of seniors who are getting some benefit that some would consider welfare.

One specious jump is that a benefit utilized by a child equates to his parent being on welfare. If this is the case, then there are a number of senior citizens and others who have gotten custody of related or unrelated children who would themselves be considered to be on welfare, even though they live in a paid for $300,000 house and drive a new car.

Except that if a program frees a parent from the need to provide meals for their child, then the parent is receiving welfare. The money and time saved can be spent on other things, not by the child (or even on behalf of the child, since there are almost no checks to ensure that the money that is saved goes to care for the children of the indigent), but by the parent. Thus, a free lunch can equate to a satellite dish, daily bong hits, lottery tickets or anything else that the parent may care to spend the additional money on. Welfare "for the children" is always filtered through the pockets of the parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Yeah, it's amazing that those who have actually lived under that type of system nearly ALWAYS are the most staunch promoters of Capitalism and Free Enterprise.

I wonder why that would be?????
    Bitter, horrific firsthand experience, I would think. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Your right, the wording is ambiguous on that question, but I doubt the first thing that comes to peoples mind when asked about welfare is "reduced price lunches".
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    KS needs to be subjected to a few years in Venezuela, Cuba or some other Marxist hellhole so that he can gain a better appreciation for America. In fact, most leftists would benefit from a protrated stay in the countries that they profess to admire, but would never actually live in.

So you're pro-Corporate welfare? I'd like to hear this one.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    I'd love to hear how you drew this conclusion.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Do you need some of this?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Actually we'd like to hear how you pulled this one out of your ass...er, came to this conclusion?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'd love to hear how you drew this conclusion.
    Well I'm not certain . . . but it seems to me . . . that he dropped trou - bent over - reached in - and pulled it out of his ass.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.