Thread: Rick Perry: ‘I Dislike Washington; I Think It’s A Seedy Place’

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Rick Perry: ‘I Dislike Washington; I Think It’s A Seedy Place’ 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    LIBERALS Rick Perry for President LIBERALS :D

Texas governor and potential GOP nominee Rick Perry called in to The Laura Ingraham Show in his first national radio interview as a presidential candidate. ......And quite an interview it was, with Perry gamely addressing several issues that have sprouted in the media since he first entered the race. .....Host Laura Ingraham asked Perry how he felt about the dislike he’s inspired in people formerly close to President George Bush, like Karl Rove:

Look, I’ve got great respect for the Bushes..... I don’t think there is a more honorable man, a better man than George H.W. Bush, one of the finest men I’ve ever met in my life—he and Mrs. Bush. They’re like everybody’s grandfather, you love them.... They’re just really good people... And they taught their children. But at the end of the day, I’m Rick Perry, and I am who I am. ....I’ve got my own record.... I’m not George Bush.... I don’t try to be.... I respect him, I consider him to be a friend..... We’ve talked to each other a couple of times within the last–you know his birthday was July the 6th.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/gov-r...a-seedy-place/

Power CUer
    Don't come here, then. Perfect solution.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    If he does come there, he intends to throw out the trash. That is the PERFECT solution. That is what the Tea Party movement is all about. RINO's and Rockefeller elitist like you are what is wrong with DC and the Repub party.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    HA!! someone who hates the culture in Washington is just what the Country needs, someone who will stand up to the spaghetti spine beltway Republicans and libtards that want to destroy this Country and will actually LEAD. Not someone like Obama or a RINO that will back down every time there is a hiccup in the road.

Do I believe Perry is the one to do it? not necessarily, I prefer Cain. But Perry is a FAR cry better than the idiot we have now.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Perry seems to be a stand up guy, and he'd be a far better choice than Romney (although perhaps not as good as Bachmann). But, what really impressed me was this article at American Thinker:

August 25, 2011
    Rick Perry a 'mensch'
    Rosslyn Smith

Last week we heard Gene Simmons of the rock band Kiss predict that Rick Perry would be the next president. This week country rock cult musician and writer Kinky Friedman came out for Perry. A self described Democrat, Friedman came in fourth in a six man race when he ran against Perry as an independent in the 2006 Texas gubernatorial election,

I have been quoted as saying that when I die, I am to be cremated, and the ashes are to be thrown in Rick Perry's hair. Yet, simply put, Rick Perry and I are incapable of resisting each other's charm. He is not only a good sport, he is a good, kindhearted man, and he once sat in on drums with ZZ Top. A guy like that can't be all bad. When I ran for governor of Texas as an independent in 2006, the Crips and the Bloods ganged up on me. When I lost, I drove off in a 1937 Snit, refusing to concede to Perry. Three days later Rick called to give me a gracious little pep talk, effectively talking me down from jumping off the bridge of my nose. Very few others were calling at that time, by the way. Such is the nature of winning and losing and politicians and life. You might call what Rick did an act of random kindness. Yet in my mind it made him more than a politician, more than a musician; it made him a mensch.

These days, of course, I would support Charlie Sheen over Obama. Obama has done for the economy what pantyhose did for foreplay. Obama has been perpetually behind the curve. If the issue of the day is jobs and the economy, Rick Perry is certainly the nuts-and-bolts kind of guy you want in there.
    Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._a_mensch.html at August 26, 2011 - 08:06:50 AM CDT
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    These days, of course, I would support Charlie Sheen over Obama. Obama has done for the economy what pantyhose did for foreplay. Obama has been perpetually behind the curve. If the issue of the day is jobs and the economy, Rick Perry is certainly the nuts-and-bolts kind of guy you want in there.
    :eek::eek::D thats funny stuff right there!!
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Power CUer
    "Ingraham: Can you make a promise right now–this is a really important promise–a pledge on The Laura Ingraham Show, that you will never vacation in Martha’s Vineyard?

Perry: I’m not even sure if I know where it is…."

Texas governor.... not very smart.... anyone else having deja vu? :D
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    "Ingraham: Can you make a promise right now–this is a really important promise–a pledge on The Laura Ingraham Show, that you will never vacation in Martha’s Vineyard?

Perry: I’m not even sure if I know where it is…."

Texas governor.... not very smart.... anyone else having deja vu? :D
    It was a joke sweetie that just passed right over your head. Plus, for most Americans except the Yankee elites who live in that area, it is called Who Gives a Shit.

Perry would be a bad dream for the Repub Eastern Establishment crowd like Mitt, Rudy Tootie, Rove, Newt Krawhammer, etc. RINO's desperately despise someone like Palin, Bachman or Perry because their apple cart would be upset. I agree that DC is a seedy place because of the corruption and spending. Tough shit if you do not. Deja vu will be if we get a President that is only slightly better than Obama like Romney.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    HA!! someone who hates the culture in Washington is just what the Country needs, ...
    You guys fall for it every time, don't you? You know who you sound like? The hope and change crowd during the 2008 election. And how do they feel now? Like they have been thrown under the bus.

I don't know what it will take, or even if it's possible to clean house across the board in Washington. People get elected or selected and move there and they NEVER LEAVE.

Even when you consider the revolutions of the past, what did they actually accomplish? Of course, it was fun to watch some of the political and economic elite be imprisoned, beheaded, or exiled... but who took their place? You and me? Hell no, it was the layer just beneath the rotting aristocracy who aspired to be the rotting aristocracy. It would be like if the English people haul HRH out of Buckingham, only to replace her with the Duke of Norfolk. Big deal.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It would be like if the English people haul HRH out of Buckingham, only to replace her with the Duke of Norfolk. Big deal.
    HM, not HRH (that's Prince/ Royal Duke level). And for extra pedantry, the Duke of Norfolk could never be King, because he's Roman Catholic. :D